Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about John Stamos. Check it out!
John Phillip Stamos was born in Cypress, California, to Loretta (Phillips), a model, and William Stamos, a restaurateur. His father was of Greek descent, with the family surname originally being “Stamotopoulos”. John has two younger sisters, Janeen and Alaina, both school teachers. His first professional role was as Blackie Parrish on the daytime soap General Hospital (1963) from 1982-1984, for which he won two Soap Opera Digest Awards (1982 and 1983). In 1987 he began the role of Jesse on Full House (1987), which is his best-known role to date, spanning eight years. At his request, the writers of Full House (1987) gave his character the last name of Katsopolis, instead of the original character’s name, Cochran, in order to highlight John’s Greek heritage. He has played drums occasionally with The Beach Boys since 1985, and directed their “Hot Fun in the Summertime” video. He expanded his career to include the role of J. Pierrepont Finch in Broadway’s production of “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!” in 1995, showcasing not only his musical talents, but his dancing ability, as well. On September 19, 1998, he married model Rebecca Romijn, of MTV’s House of Style (1989), which was the first marriage for both. They were officially divorced on March 1, 2005.
Interesting Facts about John Stamos
- In a relationship with Caitlin McHugh since 2015; became engaged on October 22, 2017.
- Starring as Albert Peterson in the Broadway revival of “Bye Bye Birdie”. [October 2009]
- Loves Elvis Presley.
- He and his ex-wife Rebecca Romijn both guest-starred on the TV show Friends (1994), though not in the same episode.
- Replacing Antonio Banderas on the role of Guido Contini in the Roundabout Theatre Company’s revival of the musical “Nine” at Broadway’s Eugene O’Neill Theatre in New York City. [October 2003]
- Was close friends with the late Don Rickles.
- Has two younger sisters, Janeen & Alaina.
- Is friends with radio personality Howard Stern. He played the drums at Howard Stern’s wedding with Beth Stern.
- Plays the drums, and was the touring drummer for The Beach Boys at one time.
- John and his fiancé, Caitlin McHugh, are expecting their first child, due in Spring, 2018 [December 13, 2017].
- Production company is “St. Amos Productions”.
- Mentioned in the film Step Brothers (2008) as the one guy the main characters would sleep with if they were a female.
Personal Quotes by John Stamos
I don’t want to replace anyone, especially Charlie Sheen.– John Stamos
I’m finally looking older and inviting my wrinkles.– John Stamos
I’ve had a fairy tale life. I had a perfect family, a beautiful childhood, an incredible upbringing. I lived a lot of life but a lot of good life.– John Stamos
I have never been so calculating as to sing some Barry White song to get a girl. But I do think it’s very romantic to cook dinner and sit around the piano at night and sing together.– John Stamos
I like when guests come over early and we chop veggies and talk and play music.– John Stamos