Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Johnny Knoxville. Check it out!
Johnny Knoxville was born on March 11, 1971 in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA as Philip John Clapp. He is a writer and producer, known for Bad Grandpa (2013), The Dukes of Hazzard (2005) and The Ringer (2005). He has been married to Naomi Nelson since September 24, 2010. They have two children. He was previously married to Melanie Lynn Cates.
Interesting Facts about Johnny Knoxville
- There was a bidding war between Comedy Central and MTV over Johnny. MTV won, thus Jackass (2000) was born.
- His late father, Philip Clapp, owned a tire company in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- He is friends with heavyweight fighter Eric “Butterbean” Esch. At the Larry Holmes v. Butterbean fight in 2002, he autographed fight promoter Frank Azzalina’s model – daughter Stephanie Amaya’s evening gown.
- Attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California.
- Is an avid Johnny Cash fan.
- Executed co-star Dwayne Johnson’s signature WWE finisher, “The People’s Elbow” in Walking Tall (2004).
- He, along with the soon-to-be Jackass crew, was offered a spot on Saturday Night Live (1975), but turned it down. Later, on May 7, 2005, he hosted the show.
- Was knocked unconscious three times during making of Jackass: The Movie (2002).
- Before the creation of Jackass (2000), he was a writer for the Big Brother skateboarding magazine. Despite this, he cannot ride a skateboard.
- Has worked with actor David Koechner on four different films: Life Without Dick (2002), The Dukes of Hazzard (2005), Small Apartments (2012), and Daltry Calhoun (2005).
- In December 2015, Collider announced that he would reprise the role of Leonardo (voice only) in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016). But, seemingly without explanation, Knoxville was excluded in favor of actor Pete Ploszek performing both the mo-cap and voice of the character. Knoxville has since claimed that he was never contacted regarding this decision.
- Has two older sisters, Lynne Draughon and Krisden Parrott.
Personal Quotes by Johnny Knoxville
I know this is going to end bad, but I’m going to pretend it’s going to end good.’ My life’s philosophy.- Johnny Knoxville
I’m just basking in the glory.- Johnny Knoxville
Doctors have told me I have a high pain threshold, but I can only know what I feel. I think I’m good at minimising the pain and being indifferent to it.- Johnny Knoxville
I’m so uncoordinated, I can’t really do that much, so my specialty is standing in one spot or holding on to something, like an exploding rocket or a jetski.- Johnny Knoxville