Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jon Cryer. Check it out!
Jon Cryer was born on April 16, 1965 in New York City, New York, USA as Jonathan Niven Cryer. He is an actor, known for Two and a Half Men (2003), Pretty in Pink (1986) and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987). He has been married to Lisa Joyner since June 16, 2007. They have one child. He was previously married to Sarah Trigger.
Interesting Facts about Jon Cryer
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on September 19, 2011.
- Received death threats via telephone while shooting Two and a Half Men (2003). [January 2010]
- He was asked to audition for the role of Chandler Bing on Friends (1994), while he was doing a play in London. His reading was videotaped by a British casting agent but the tape failed to arrive in the United States before the network had made its final decision.
- He has played the same character (Lex Luthor) in four different series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014), Supergirl (2015) and Batwoman (2019).
- Born on the exact same day as Martin Lawrence.
- In the 1986 movie “Pretty in Pink,” Cryer played his first notable role, a character called “Ducky”. In 2015-16, he played a recurring character on NCIS called Dr. Cyril Taft, opposite David McCallum’s character, Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard. At one point in the 2016 episode “Loose Cannons,” Cryer, as Taft, says “That would be just ducky, Ducky. I’ve been dying to say that!”.
- Attended Stagedoor Manor Theatre Camp.
- Appeared, with Charlie Sheen, in a PSA for the “Wounded Warriors Project” (2009).
- Once an usher at the Equity Library Theater, where he was often mistaken for actor Matthew Broderick.
- Son of David Cryer and Gretchen Cryer, Broadway actors.
- Friends with Paget Brewster.
- Daughter, Daisy, born 11 August 2009; adopted by Jon and Lisa shortly after.
Personal Quotes by Jon Cryer
Nobody in show business can possibly get away with making fun of their boss.- Jon Cryer
I can’t imagine Jon Cryer performing with the New York Philharmonic isn’t one of the signs of apocalypse.- Jon Cryer
On the stage you develop a character that’s different from yourself. In a film they’re always saying, ‘Walk over here. Say this line. Be you.’- Jon Cryer
Mostly, I have to say as an actor, to find a character that’s been rich enough for 10 seasons of shows… that’s very rare.- Jon Cryer