Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jon Favreau. Check it out!
Initially an indie film favorite, actor Jon Favreau has progressed to strong mainstream visibility into the millennium and, after nearly two decades in the business, is still enjoying character stardom as well as earning notice as a writer/producer/director.
Interesting Facts about Jon Favreau
- Father, with wife Joya Tillem, of Max Favreau (b. July 25, 2001), Madeleine Favreau (b. April 2003), & Brighton Rose Favreau (b. August 30, 2006).
- His father has French-Canadian, German, and Italian ancestry, and his mother was from a Jewish family.
- Jon is an alumnus of Chicago’s ImprovOlympic improvisation troupe. Fellow members include the late Chris Farley, Ian Gomez, Pat Finn, Tim Meadows, Rachel Dratch, Mike Myers and Horatio Sanz.
- Attended and graduated from the Bronx High School of Science in 1984.
- Wrote script for Swingers (1996) on computer software given to him by his father.
- Son of Charles Favreau & Madeleine Favreau.
- Says he considered renaming Cowboys & Aliens (2011), when audiences initially laughed at the trailer thinking it was a parody.
- Grandson of Joan Favreau.
- Met his close friend and on-screen partner Vince Vaughn when both secured supporting roles in Rudy (1993).
- Is the first person to appear in a Marvel Comic film adaptation, (Foggy Nelson in Daredevil (2003)) as well as direct one (Iron Man (2008) and Iron Man 2 (2010)). Is also the first person to play two unrelated Marvel characters with Favreau portraying the Iron Man character Harold “Happy” Hogan in Iron Man and Iron Man 2.
- His wife, Joya Tillem, is a physician.
- Inducted as a Disney Legend in 2019.
Personal Quotes by Jon Favreau
When I’m working with improv people, I give them the green light to just bring it and try things.- Jon Favreau
I did a guest thing on ‘My Name Is Earl,’ and there is something about being involved in a TV show that’s in the midst of its popularity that frees up the creative process.- Jon Favreau
I’ve hit a point where my big luxury is getting to work on the things I want to work on. That’s my hobby. It’s being able to do a movie like ‘Chef,’ where you don’t get paid, where you get paid scale, but you get to do exactly the movie you want to do. To me, that’s worth more to me than whatever money I would have gotten paid.- Jon Favreau
I love ‘Star Wars,’ you know, and I can’t remember the last story meeting I’ve been in where ‘Star Wars’ wasn’t referenced. It’s so perfect in so many ways.- Jon Favreau
When Iron Man’s flying, we’d send real planes up to do the choreography so that we’d get the camerawork to really look like a cameraman was following from another plane. It gives it that ‘Top Gun’ look.- Jon Favreau