Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jon Hamm. Check it out!
Jon Hamm was born on March 10, 1971 in St. Louis, Missouri, USA as Jonathan Daniel Hamm. He is an actor and producer, known for Mad Men (2007), The Town (2010) and Million Dollar Arm (2014).
Interesting Facts about Jon Hamm
- Was represented by the famous William Morris Talent agency, but was dropped after failing to book a single part in three years.
- Is a huge comedy fan and is known to frequently quote lines from ”Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)” and comedy troupe ”The Kids in The Hall”.
- Became interested in acting in the first grade, when he was handpicked to play Winnie-the-Pooh. Received a scholarship to study acting at the University of Missouri.
- Went to high school (John Burroughs High School in St. Louis) with Sarah Clarke.
- Very close friends with Paul Rudd.
- Did not book a single acting job in the first three years of his career in Los Angeles.
- Became a fan of cricket after being introduced by Daniel Radcliffe while making ”A Young Doctor’s notebook”.
- Former partner of Jennifer Westfeldt, the actress and co-writer of Kissing Jessica Stein (2001). They were together from 1998-2015.
- Attended Prince’s very last concert, a 90-minute non-stop extravaganza at the Fox Theater in Atlanta, Georgia (April 2016).
- Gave himself a career deadline, saying that he planned to move back home if his acting career did not gain momentum by the age of 30.
- He is of German, English, and Irish ancestry.
- Went to a prom with Sarah Clarke, who also later became a professional actor (24 (2001); the “Twilight” series).
Personal Quotes by Jon Hamm
I’ve gotten away with a lot in my life. The older you get the more you realize you’re not getting away with it, it’s taking its toll somewhere. So you try not to put yourself in those situations. Part of the mysterious process called growing up. Some people do that better than others.- Jon Hamm
I drove around in a Volkswagen Rabbit I shared with one of my roommates, and it didn’t have a roof. It doesn’t rain much in L.A., but when it did, it was utterly miserable.- Jon Hamm
My mother and I lived in an apartment complex in a neighborhood. So there was a gaggle of kids. Every day after school, we’d just meet up in a field, and some game would be chosen, Wiffle ball or tag, and you’d play that until the streetlights came on.- Jon Hamm
I realize how talented our hair and wardrobe people are every time I have to get dressed on my own.- Jon Hamm
I’ve always been a fan of advertising, I’ve always been a fan of television, I’ve loved commercials, I’ve loved all the jingles, I loved all the stuff.- Jon Hamm