Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jon Voight. Check it out!
Jon Voight was born on December 29, 1938 in Yonkers, New York, USA as Jonathan Vincent Voight. He is an actor, known for Midnight Cowboy (1969), Anaconda (1997) and Deliverance (1972). He was previously married to Marcheline Bertrand and Lauri Peters.
Interesting Facts about Jon Voight
- Has played father to Ricky Schroder twice: The first time in The Champ (1979) and the second time in Return to Lonesome Dove (1993).
- His eldest brother Barry Voight, a volcanologist, was a geology professor at Penn State University.
- His father Elmer Voytka, later Voight (born 29 October 1909 and died June 1973), was a professional golfer.
- On December 9, 2001, he appeared as a surprise guest on Muppets Tonight (1996) dressed as a giant chicken with Gonzo the Great. The event was part of the first annual MuppetFest fan convention and a fundraiser for Save the Children.
- Grandfather of Maddox Jolie-Pitt, Zahara Jolie-Pitt, Pax Jolie-Pitt (aka “Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt”), Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt and Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt.
- His younger brother is songwriter Wes Voight who, under the alias Chip Taylor, wrote The Troggs’ 1966 smash hit “Wild Thing”. His other songs include “Angel of the Morning” (Merrilee Rush) and “I Can’t Let Go” (The Hollies).
- Attended and graduated from the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC in 1960. Changed his major after his freshman year from Speech and Drama to Art. Fellow classmate was Henry Gibson.
- A hawk on the war on terror, he voted for George W. Bush in the 2004 presidential election. He actively supported Rudy Giuliani’s campaign to win the Republican nomination in 2008, but later endorsed eventual nominee Sen. John McCain. He also attended the Republican National Convention in 2008. He was one of the very few American celebrities to declare his support for Donald Trump as president and spoke at his inauguration in 2017.
- He was the original choice for Apollo in Star Trek: Who Mourns for Adonais? (1967), but he was hired for another project.
- In an episode of Seinfeld (1989), George (Jason Alexander) buys a Chrysler Lebaron convertible he believes once belonged to Jon Voight only to discover that the previous owner was actually “John” Voight, a periodontist.
- In 2000 he became involved with the Florida Holocaust Museum and worked very closely with then-Executive Director Larry Wasser (deceased 2003) and President John Loftus, famous U.S. Justice Department official, author and former prosecutor. Voight serves today as an advisory member of the organization’s board.
- Became a father for the second time at age 36 when Marcheline Bertrand, his second ex-wife, gave birth to their daughter Angelina Jolie Voight, aka Angelina Jolie, on June 4, 1975.
Personal Quotes by Jon Voight
This is a perilous time, and more than ever, the world needs a united and strong America. If, God forbid, we live to see Mr. Obama president, we will live through a socialist era that America has not seen before, and our country will be weakened in every way.- Jon Voight
I had a job once selling encyclopedias, and that was an interesting job because I learned a lot about people’s vulnerabilities and how salesmen take advantage of them.- Jon Voight
The real truth is that the Obama administration is professional at bullying, as we have witnessed with ACORN at work during the presidential campaign. It seems to me they are sending down their bullies to create fist fights among average American citizens who don’t want a government-run health care plan forced upon them.- Jon Voight
It seems to me that if Mr. Obama wins the presidential election, then Messrs. Farrakhan, Wright, Ayers and Pfleger will gain power for their need to demoralize this country and help create a socialist America.- Jon Voight