Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Josh Duhamel. Check it out!
Joshua David Duhamel was born in Minot, North Dakota. His mother, Bonny L., is a retired high school teacher, and the Executive Director of Minot’s Downtown Business & Profession Association, and his father, Larry Duhamel, is an advertisement salesman. Josh has three younger sisters: Ashlee, McKenzee and Kassidy. His ancestry is German, and smaller amounts of Norwegian, French-Canadian, English, Irish, and Austrian (his last name is very common among Francophones in the world). Before his acting career, the football player studied biology and earned his Bachelor’s degree at Minot State University with the intention of pursuing dentistry.
Interesting Facts about Josh Duhamel
- Former bath attendant.
- Has starred in the yet-to-be-released independent film The Picture of Dorian Gray (2004) in 1999, then ABC called him to test for the role of Leo du Pres. To Josh’s shock, ABC executives wanted him so much, that they postponed the character’s first airdate by more than a month to accommodate his schedule.
- Parents are Larry Duhamel and Bonnie Kemper.
- In 1998, he was slowly in the works to make his acting debut in the lead role for a situation comedy entitled “A Tale of Two Strippers”; which told the story of two male exotic dancers in Las Vegas who find themselves trying to evade a hit man after witnessing an arranged murder when they get an address mixed up and arrive to the wrong location to perform a private gig. The project was written and was to be directed by Alan J. Pakula but he died in an automobile accident before anything could start so the project was immediately canceled. Had this gone through, this would have also marked the debut of actor Ashton Kutcher who was to star alongside him as the second male lead.
- Attended the premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) at the Oktyabr Theater in Moscow, Russia on June 16, 2009.
- Branched into entrepreneurship, opening a restaurant, 10 North Main, in his hometown Minot, North Dakota with his friend.
- Enjoys basketball, football, golf and skiing on his days off.
- His ancestry is about half German, as well as one eighth Norwegian, one sixteenth French-Canadian, and small amounts of English, Irish, and Austrian. His surname is a common French last name, meaning “from the hamlet”.
- Brother-in-law of Dana Ferguson.
- Josh wanted to be a dentist from the time he was a sophomore in high school. He gave up his dream to become a dentist when his grades were not good enough to get in a dental college. As a result, he moved to California where he got discovered while posing for fashion magazines.
- When he was a teenager, he worked as a lifeguard at a local pool.
- Attended the premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) at Odeon Leicester Square in London, England on June 15, 2009.
Personal Quotes by Josh Duhamel
My mother was a P.E. teacher, and she was kind of a fanatic about fitness and nutrition growing up, so it was ingrained in me at a young age. As I get older, I’m finding out it’s not about getting all buffed up and looking good. It’s more about staying healthy and flexible.Josh Duhamel
Soap operas are such a great way to break-in to the industry. The diminishing landscape of daytime TV means it’s going to be harder for young talent to get discovered.Josh Duhamel
When I was on ‘All My Children,’ we did a thing for ‘Seventeen Magazine’ where a girl won a date. I went to her prom with her in Alabama, and she was a sweetheart. I didn’t move to Alabama and I didn’t buy a farm there, but we still keep in touch.Josh Duhamel
I’m working on inventing an aerosol spray that repels papparazi. I haven’t perfected it but when I do I will make millions.Josh Duhamel
I really feel like a regular dude who happens to be incredibly lucky.Josh Duhamel