Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Josh Hutcherson. Check it out!
Joshua Ryan Hutcherson was born on October 12, 1992 in Union, Kentucky to Michelle Fightmaster, who worked for Delta Air Lines, and Chris Hutcherson, an EPA analyst. He has one younger brother, Connor Hutcherson. From the age of four, Josh knew that he wanted to be an actor. In order to pursue his goal, Josh and his family moved to Los Angeles when he was nine-years-old.
Interesting Facts about Josh Hutcherson
- He has two dogs named Diesel and Nixon.
- He was home-schooled by his mother.
- Was given a turtle by his Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005) co-star, Kristen Stewart, for his 13th birthday.
- Josh has two cats named Jell-O and Paws.
- His favorite films include Fight Club (1999), Drive (2011), and Cool Hand Luke (1967).
- Good friends with Bridge to Terabithia (2007) co-star, AnnaSophia Robb.
- Josh is a highly outspoken supporter in the fight for gay equal rights. In fact, he works closely with the group Straight But Not Narrow, which educates straight young men about gay rights and encourages them to become more understanding and potentially supportive about gay rights.
- Was considered for Peter Parker/Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) before the role went to Andrew Garfield. On June 30, 2010, film website Blue Sky Disney incorrectly reported that Josh had been cast in the role, one day before Andrew’s casting was officially announced by the studio. In both the 2010 and 2015 casting cycles for Spider-Man, no actor reported by film websites as being all-but-confirmed for the role has ever ended up actually cast as Spider-Man. The other actors erroneously reported to have been cast are Logan Lerman (in April 2010), Jamie Bell (in early June 2010), Dylan O’Brien (in March 2015), and Asa Butterfield (in May 2015).
- He adopted a disabled pit bull puppy, which he named Driver.
- Has thrown the first pitch at a Cincinnati Reds baseball game.
- He can speak Spanish.
- He is a big fan of the NFL’s Cincinnati Bengals and credits Rudi Johnson as his favorite player, the University of Kentucky’s “Wildcats”, MLB’s Cincinnati Reds.
Personal Quotes by Josh Hutcherson
In all honesty I think that I’ve had a very normal life, even though I’ve been making movies since I was 9.- Josh Hutcherson
Being a heart throb would be crazy.- Josh Hutcherson
I’ve been on projects before where there’s no rehearsal, and you walk in on set and that’s literally the first time you’ve ever played the character, and then I’ve had times where there’s been three weeks of rehearsal. I like both.- Josh Hutcherson
For me, I love auditioning.- Josh Hutcherson
They’re still working on the script – they’ve got to get that nailed down and they want the first movie to come out obviously, not get too ahead of themselves. But yeah, it’s looking good. I love the second book a lot as well, so kind of diving into that is awesome.- Josh Hutcherson