Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Julia Stiles. Check it out!
Lovely, slim-eyed blonde Julia (O’Hara) Stiles, of Irish, English and German heritage, was born on March 28, 1981 in New York City, the outgoing daughter and eldest of three children of a Greenwich Village artist mother, Judith Newcomb Stiles, and an elementary school teacher father, John O’Hara.
Interesting Facts about Julia Stiles
- Won the 2001 Teens Choice Drama Award for her role in Save the Last Dance (2001).
- She has Irish, English, and German ancestry. Her parents are John O’Hara and Judith Stiles.
- One of Teen People Magazine’s “25 Hottest Stars under 25” 
- Is currently in Iceland while filming A Little Trip to Heaven (2005). [August 2004]
- Chosen as one of Teen People Magazine’s “21 Hottest Stars Under 21”. 
- Considered for the role of Susan Storm/Invisible Girl in Fantastic Four (2005).
- Auditioned for the role of Claudia in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994).
- According to the 10th Anniversary commentary by her co-stars for 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), she and Heath Ledger began a relationship during the filming. They broke up in January 2000.
- In 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) her character, Kat Stratford, was reading the book “The Bell Jar” in a scene. Stiles was attached to the lead role in the movie version of the novel for some years.
- Has appeared in two movies where Sylvia Plath’s novel “The Bell Jar” is mentioned (10 Things I Hate About You (1999) and Silver Linings Playbook (2012)).
- Starring, with Aaron Eckhart, in the two-person David Mamet play “Oleanna” live on stage at the Garrick Theatre in London, England. [April 2004]
- Dyed her hair blond for Mona Lisa Smile (2003).
Personal Quotes by Julia Stiles
It’s actually really great to be a student and an actor, because I get to do this job that I love, then just when I think my head might explode, I get to go to school where they don’t really care about what magazine cover I’m on.- Julia Stiles
I tend to shut myself off from people. It’s gotten harder and harder for me to meet new people. It takes a lot of effort to open up to them and spend time with them.- Julia Stiles
I actually have this fantasy of giving up my cell phone.- Julia Stiles
I wear everything from hip-hop baggy pants to beautiful Armani dresses. I also like to mix vintage clothing with designer pieces.- Julia Stiles
When I’m working, I need to be pretty disciplined, but I do like to enjoy my food. I like to keep it fresh and wholesome. Preparing your own food can be a great way to unwind.- Julia Stiles