Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Julianne Hough. Check it out!
A true triple-threat, Emmy Award-winner Julianne Hough is known to audiences around the world for her success in the worlds of film, television and music. She became a household name virtually overnight as a two-time professional champion on ABC’s top-rated “Dancing With the Stars,” before making a seamless transition to award-winning recording artist and making her mark on the world of motion pictures, recognized by the National Association of Theatre Owners as Rising Star of the Year at the 2011 CinemaCon Conventions.
Interesting Facts about Julianne Hough
- Signed a record deal with Universal Music Group and was expected to release a country single in early 2008. [December 2007]
- Was in fourth place in season 6 on Dancing with the Stars (2005) with Cody Linley. [November 2008]
- Julianne was head girl at the Italia Conti Academy.
- Daughter of Marriann Nelson and Bruce Robert Hough.
- Engaged to Washington Capitals center, Brooks Laich [August 18, 2015].
- She has English, Dutch, French-Canadian, German, Swiss-German, Scots-Irish, Scottish, Danish, Swedish, and French ancestry.
- She is deathly afraid of snakes.
- Suffers from endometriosis, and has undergone laser surgery to remove scar tissue from her “female areas”.
- Country music singer and professional dancer.
- Has 15 nieces and nephews – Paris, Willow, Skye, Star, Bronson, Max, Griffin, Evelyn, Hayden, Tyler, Latelyn, AR and Quaid Wise (from sister Sharee Hough), Aidan Poole (from sister Mara Beth Hough), Ariana Phillips (from sister Katherine Hough).
- Niece of John Hough and Tina Hough, owners of the Roosevelt Hotel in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- Had surgery to remove her appendix on October 28, 2008.
Personal Quotes by Julianne Hough
You have to remember where you came from, and I definitely have enough brothers and sisters to kick me in the butt whenever I get out of line!– Julianne Hough
I knew if I stayed in London my whole life would be dancing. I’d won almost every major title you can. I thought ‘This really isn’t my passion. I really want to sing,’ and I knew I wouldn’t be able to if I stayed there.– Julianne Hough
I’ve grown up with country music. I love how real everybody is, not just the artists, but the fans.– Julianne Hough
I’m just taking it one day at a time. Actually, that’s a total lie. I always think about what’s in front of me.– Julianne Hough
I definitely listened to country music. I don’t think I listened to hair bands as much as I did Bruce Springsteen and U2 and Aerosmith.– Julianne Hough