Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Julie Bowen. Check it out!
Julie Bowen was born in Baltimore, Maryland, and is the middle daughter of Suzanne and John Luetkemeyer Jr., a real estate developer. Her early education was at Calvert School in Baltimore, and Garrison Forest School, Maryland. She moved on to St. George’s School, Rhode Island and then attended Brown University, graduating with a BA in Renaissance Studies.
Interesting Facts about Julie Bowen
- Her father Jack Luetkemeyer works in commercial real estate, Julie is the middle child among three daughters; older sister Molly Luetkemeyer is an interior designer in Los Angeles and younger sister Annie is a doctor in San Francisco.
- Has three sons with her ex-husband Scott Phillips: Oliver McLanahan Phillips (b. April 10, 2007) and twins John Phillips and Gustav Phillips (b. May 8, 2009).
- Commented that, apparently genuinely, the actor out there now that she finds the sexiest is DJ Qualls, who makes a very unconventional sex symbol.
- She is a spokesperson for Neutrogena.
- Went to Costa Rica on her honeymoon. While there, she and her husband helped newly-hatched baby turtles crawl from their nest to the ocean, ensuring that the group survived instead of being attacked by predators.
- Finalized her divorce from Scott Phillips four days after their 14th wedding anniversary.
- On her hit series Modern Family (2009) she was married to a real estate broker (played by Ty Burrell). In real life, she was married to a real estate investor.
- Is fluent in Italian.
- Says that, while she was at the tail end of filming her fake labor scene on Boston Legal (2004), she went into actual labor with her son Oliver.
- Has a pacemaker.
- Julie Benz is often mistaken for her and, when asked for her autograph, Benz would sign Bowen’s name.
- Practices Yoga to calm her ADHD, for which she also takes medication.
Personal Quotes by Julie Bowen
I met Clinton at a benefit for teachers, which was a very good charity, but I met him for about 90 seconds, and I thought it was important to meet the leader of the free world. So I stood next to him for a photograph, and then apparently that’s all it takes.- Julie Bowen
I’m less comfortable in stilettos than I am in running shoes.- Julie Bowen
I’m built like a 14-year-old boy. I have no waist, so anything I wear has to have a lot of trickeration going on. I don’t fit into girl dresses. I can’t just slip it on.- Julie Bowen
I’m incredibly lucky.- Julie Bowen
I have a big mouth.- Julie Bowen