Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Justin Chambers. Check it out!
Justin Chambers, a former male fashion model who was discovered by a modeling scout in a Paris Metro station and went on a campaign to represent Calvin Klein’s fragrance, is now starring as “Dr. Alex Karev” on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy (2005).
Interesting Facts about Justin Chambers
- Justin and Keisha have five children. From oldest to youngest, Isabella (b. December 1994), twins Maya and Kaila (b. June 1997), Eva (b. March 1999) and Jackson (b. 2002).
- 1 of 5 siblings, and has English, Irish, Scottish, and German ancestry.
- Is a third cousin, once removed, of actress and comedian Amy Schumer. Justin’s maternal great-grandmother Sarah Esther Dement and Amy’s maternal great-great-grandfather Edward E. Dement were siblings.
- He was a 1989 graduate of the Springfield Clark County Joint Vocational School, and was in their General Merchandising program. He was recently inducted into their Alumni Hall of Fame which honors graduates who achieve success in their careers.
- Was discovered by a modeling scout on the Paris subway…. subsequently represented Calvin Klein in fragrance campaign.
- Both Justin Chambers and Grey’s Anatomy (2005) co-star Chris O’Donnell played the character “D’Artagnan” in different movies based on Alexandre Dumas’s “The Three Musketeers”. Chambers starred in Peter Hyams’ 2001 film, The Musketeer (2001) while O’Donnell co-starred with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland in Stephen Herek’s The Three Musketeers (1993).
- He has a twin brother named Jason. He and Jason have one older brother named John, Jr. (Chip) and two older sisters named Mia and Susan.
- He studied drama at HB Studio in Greenwich Village in New York City.
- Wife Keisha is a model agency booker who he met while he was modeling for Calvin Klein.
Personal Quotes by Justin Chambers
Every year, I resolve to take good care of myself and stay in shape.- Justin Chambers
Grey’s Anatomy’ has given me a lot of security, especially as my kids have grown older. Plus, for the last eight years, I didn’t have to get on a plane and go to do a job out of town or in another part of the world.- Justin Chambers
Our kids are in a little band, and they like to play video games, and my wife and I do our best to live a low-key, non-Hollywood kind of life.- Justin Chambers
Oh, I wish I could tell you I was a Mr. Fix-It, but I am not that kind of guy. I get frustrated so easily.- Justin Chambers
Musical shows are really popular because there are lots of talented kids out there that can sing and dance.- Justin Chambers