Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kaley Cuoco. Check it out!
Kaley Christine Cuoco was born in Camarillo, California, to Layne Ann (Wingate) and Gary Carmine Cuoco, a realtor. She is of Italian (father) and German and English (mother) descent. A model and commercial actress from the age of 6, Cuoco’s first major role was in the TV movie Quicksand: No Escape (1992) with Donald Sutherland and Tim Matheson. Her other television credits include guest-starring on the series Ellen (1994) (where she played “little Ellen” to the Ellen DeGeneres character), Northern Exposure (1990), Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush (1995) and My So-Called Life (1994). In addition, she played a leading role in the miniseries, Mr. Murder (1998). Cuoco has appeared in the feature films Lucky 13 (2005), Picture Perfect (1997) and Virtuosity (1995). On stage, she has performed in Los Angeles-area productions of “Annie” and “Fiddler on the Roof”. When she’s not acting, Cuoco is an avid tennis player, who consistently ranks well in Southern California Tennis Association standings as a member of a regional amateur division team. In addition, she enjoys spending time with friends, going to the mall, and hip-hop dancing. Cuoco was home-schooled, and lives in Ventura County, California with her family.
Interesting Facts about Kaley Cuoco
- In her role as Penny on The Big Bang Theory (2007), she calls everyone “Sweetie”, and in 2013, her married name is “Sweeting”.
- Her father is an Oxnard, California realtor and her mother is a homemaker.
- (June 30, 2018) Married her boyfriend of 2 years Karl Cooke at an intimate wedding at a horse stable near San Diego, California, attended by close friends and family. The duo started dating in spring 2016 and made their first public appearance as a couple in September that same year. The pair got engaged on her birthday in November 2017. This is the actress’s second marriage.
- First and so far only cast member of The Big Bang Theory (2007) to be nominated for, and subsequently win a Razzie Award. She won the Worst Supporting Actress trophy in 2016 for her roles in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip (2015) and The Wedding Ringer (2015).
- She loves listening to Josh Groban and Kelly Clarkson.
- Was engaged to addiction specialist Josh Resnik [October 25, 2011 – March 2012].
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6621 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 29, 2014.
- She has a Chihuahua-dachshund mix dog named Petey, a German Shepherd named Duke and a Jack Russell Terrier named Raquel.
- In 2010, Kaley was in a horse riding accident and suffered a bad break in her leg. She was written out of two episodes of The Big Bang Theory (2007) and, for several episodes, was only seen sitting down or behind furniture in the writer’s attempt to hide the injury from the viewing audience.
- Ranked #20 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.
- Was in a 2-year relationship with Johnny Galecki like their characters. They are co-stars on The Big Bang Theory (2007).
- The episode of The Big Bang Theory (2007) season 7 episode 14 entitled “The Convention Conundrum” is the first episode in which Kaley Cuoco’s name is credited in the opening credits as Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, following her recent marriage to Ryan Sweeting. Her “revised” name appears while her ex-boyfriend and current “on screen boyfriend”, Johnny Galecki’s character Leonard was seen using his laptop attempting to purchase tickets to Comic-Con.
Personal Quotes by Kaley Cuoco
John was the smartest and most amazing comedian I’ve ever worked with. I think more than teaching me about acting or comedy, he taught me about life and the love of people and respect of people.- Kaley Cuoco
My parents spent 16 years hauling my butt to L.A. for audition after audition. I remember always hoping I could help take care of them because they took such good care of me.- Kaley Cuoco
I’m hoping one day to open my own shelter. I would be the person with the three-legged dog. I just love animals more than people; I really do.- Kaley Cuoco
A while ago, I was starting to get bored with my routine, so I tried Spinning and fell in love with it instantly. I go to class three times a week, without fail. I always get there early so I can sit in the front of the studio, and I’m ready to go as soon as the instructor comes in.- Kaley Cuoco
Diet cola is my absolute favorite drink in the world; I used to drink four cans a day. But to help me cut down, I’ve turned it into a treat. Now, instead of having dessert, I’ll have a can of diet soda. Putting a limit on how often I can drink it has helped me appreciate it more.- Kaley Cuoco