Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kat Dennings. Check it out!
Kat Dennings was born Katherine Victoria Litwack in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia, to Ellen (Schatz), a speech therapist and poet, and Gerald Litwack, a molecular pharmacologist. She is the youngest of five children. Her family is of Russian Jewish descent. Kat was predominantly home-schooled, graduating at the age of fourteen. Her family subsequently moved to Los Angeles, California to support Kat acting full-time.
Interesting Facts about Kat Dennings
- Ranked #16 in People magazine’s “25 Beauties (and Hotties) at 25” list in 2011.
- Named as one of the “most desirable” famous women for 2013 in Ask men’s list of top 99 “most desirable” women.
- Is good friends with Evan Rachel Wood.
- She is near-sighted.
- Ranked #97 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2012 list.
- Of her family members, she has a mother named Ellie, a father named Gerald, a brother named Geoffrey, and a sister named Debbie.
- Kat, who portrays Bob Saget’s oldest daughter on Raising Dad (2001), was born on the same day and in the same year (June 13, 1986) as Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, who portrayed Saget’s youngest daughter on Full House (1987).
- For her movie Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist (2008), Kat was nominated for a Satellite Award in the category Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical in 2008 and an MTV Award for Breakthrough Performance Female in 2009.
- Most of the characters she plays tend to be “rebellious daughters” around 15 or 16.
- Kat is 5′ 4½” (164 cm) tall. She has dark brown hair and blue eyes.
- Her favorite television series: Smallville (2001), South Park (1997), The Curse of the Osbournes (2002), Absolutely Fabulous (1992), Roswell High (1999), Dawson’s Creek (1998), Neighbours (1985), That ’70s Show (1998), The Simpsons (1989).
- She collects old books and is a voracious reader.
Personal Quotes by Kat Dennings
I don’t know, I like the word sassy.- Kat Dennings
I was a Girl Scout!- Kat Dennings
I can’t imagine wanting to be famous just for the sake of being famous. I think fame should come along with success, talent.- Kat Dennings
I’m really nearsighted, which has served me well.- Kat Dennings
Quirky is what a guy would call a girl he doesn’t understand.- Kat Dennings