Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kate Beckinsale. Check it out!
Kate Beckinsale was born on 26 July 1973 in Hounslow, Middlesex, England, and has resided in London for most of her life. Her mother is Judy Loe, who has appeared in a number of British dramas and sitcoms and continues to work as an actress, predominantly in British television productions. Her father was Richard Beckinsale, born in Nottingham, England. He starred in a number of popular British television comedies during the 1970s, most notably the series Rising Damp (1974), Porridge (1974) and The Lovers (1970). He passed away tragically early in 1979 at the age of 31.
Interesting Facts about Kate Beckinsale
- Ranked #39 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2001.
- Ranked #23 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2005.
- Ranked #3 on AskMen’s “Top 99 Women” list in 2010.
- Ranked #22 on AskMen’s “Top 99 Women” list in 2012.
- According to an interview she gave on the UK show The Big Breakfast (1992) (December 2001), she hates wearing knickers.
- Selected by Hello Magazine as England’s Number #1 Beauty in 2002.
- One of Kate’s paternal great-grandmothers, Mary Mitchell, was born in Burma, to a white father, Thomas Mitchell, and a Burmese (Asian) mother, Ma Ninhe.
- Ranked #78 on FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in its 2006 special supplement.
- Won the prestigious WH Smith’s Young Writers’ competition for her poetry in 1986.
- Ranked #85 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2000.
- Ranked #21 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2007.
- Esquire magazine’s “Sexiest Woman Alive” in 2009.
Personal Quotes by Kate Beckinsale
Apparently, I’m very good at firing a gun without blinking, which is unusual. That’s why so many action characters have to wear sunglasses during shoot-out scenes. That’s my party trick.- Kate Beckinsale
It’s a very difficult thing losing a parent, but I think there’s an added complication for me, because he was so well-loved and he had this very open charm that made people feel they had a personal relationship with him.- Kate Beckinsale
I always felt that anorexia was the form of breakdown most readily available to adolescent girls.- Kate Beckinsale
I would say probably my least favorite costume ever was in ‘Van Helsing.’ That was a huge pain because it had thigh-high boots with 30 buckles on them that had to be done up individually.- Kate Beckinsale
I love my fan base because they never high-five me; they always get really shifty and hide. Adam Sandler’s fan base are like, ‘Hey!’ and high-five him and want to hang out, but mine go behind pillars and get really freaked out.- Kate Beckinsale