Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kate Hudson. Check it out!
Almost everyone who has spent time with Kate Hudson -including directors, family members, co-stars and interviewers – is quick to comment on her ability to light up a room. Through some combination of a winning smile, solid work ethic, and good old-fashioned talent, the young actress has gone from indie beginner to Vanity Fair cover girl in just three years. What’s more, she’s done it all without capitalizing on the success of legendary actress mom, Goldie Hawn.
Interesting Facts about Kate Hudson
- Her son Ryder’s middle name, Russell, is an homage to her mother Goldie Hawn’s longtime partner Kurt Russell, whom Kate always considered to be her father.
- Plays a young rock-star groupie in Almost Famous (2000). Her mother, Goldie Hawn, played a middle-aged former groupie in The Banger Sisters (2002).
- Her athletic clothing line Fabletics was badmouthed by Cher on Twitter.
- In 2002 was ranked #51 in “Stuff” magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women In The World”.
- Has three dogs: Clara (a Pomeranian), Doctor (an English bulldog) and Bella (a Neapolitan mastiff).
- After the “National Enquirer” reported that she had an eating disorder, she successfully won a libel suit against it. As a result of the suit, she has become one of the only people who successfully forced the Enquirer to admit they fabricated a story (rather than claiming it was a mistake).
- Goldie Hawn & Bill Hudson’s daughter.
- Aunt Patti Hawn has handled publicity-advertising for five of Kate’s films. Her uncles are Brett Hudson and Mark Hudson who, along with her father, Bill Hudson, were part of the rock group, The Hudson Brothers.
- Oliver Hudson’s little sister and Emily Hudson, Zach Hudson, Wyatt Russell & Lalania Hudson’s older half-sister.
- In 2000 was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by “People” Magazine.
- Graduated from Crossroads, a Santa Monica (CA) performing arts school, in 1997.
- Was considered for the role of “Donna Pinciotti” in That ’70s Show (1998).
Personal Quotes by Kate Hudson
I went on countless auditions. I begged my parents until I finally was allowed to be in a theatrical play when I was 13. It was the most important thing in my life.- Kate Hudson
I smoke, isn’t that terrible?- Kate Hudson
If it’s a big hit, fantastic. If it’s not, then it’s not. I don’t worry about my work.- Kate Hudson
Never worry about bad press: All that matters is if they spell your name right.- Kate Hudson
The only things I’m competitive in are backgammon and poker.- Kate Hudson