Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kate Siegel. Check it out!
Kate Siegel (born August 9, 1982) is an American actress and screenwriter. She is known for her collaborations with her husband Mike Flanagan, appearing in the acclaimed horror films Oculus (2013), Hush (2016), which she also co-wrote, Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016), and Gerald’s Game (2017). Siegel also starred as Theodora Crain in the Netflix supernatural horror series The Haunting of Hill House (2018).
Interesting Facts about Kate Siegel
- She performed in the 2008 Tennessee Shakespeare Festival production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Second wife of Mike Flanagan.
- Kate Siegel was born Kate Gordon Siegelbaum in Silver Spring, Maryland, to Paul Siegelbaum and Laura Siegelbaum. She attended high school at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School in Potomac where she performed on and off the stage. She continued to act at Syracuse University, where she graduated in 2004 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting.
- She grew up in Silver Spring and Potomac, Maryland, as the daughter of Laura and Paul Siegelbaum.
- Horror actress best known for starring in the 2016 horror film Hush and later Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House. She is also known for playing Jenn in the 2007 film Towards Darkness and for appearing in The Curse of the Black Dahlia, Ouija: Origin of Evil and Steam.
- After graduating from Syracuse University, she performed with both the Washington Shakespeare Company and the Folger Theater.
- Siegel discovered she was pregnant shortly after filming started on the Netflix Original Series, The Haunting of Hill House (2018). She battled pregnancy symptoms throughout the shoot, including severe morning sickness towards the end of filming.
- She is of Russian Jewish descent.
- She named her daughter Theodora after her character in The Haunting of Hill House (2018).
- Has two children with her husband Mike Flanagan – a son Cody Paul Flanagan (b. November 26, 2016) and a daughter Theodora Isabelle Irene Flanagan (b. December 3, 2018).
- She co-starred with Ruby Dee in Steam.
- Has a step-son, Rigby Flanagan-Bell (b. October 15, 2010).