Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kate Walsh. Check it out!
Kate Walsh was born in San Jose, California, on October 13, 1967. She grew up partly in San Jose and partly in Tucson, Arizona, later attending the University of Arizona, where she got involved in regional theater. She later moved to Chicago where she began working with the Piven Theatre Workshop and, later, the Chicago Shakespeare Repertory. She performed on National Public Radio in the production of the radio play “Born Guilty”. Walsh later moved to New York City and joined the comedy troupe “Burn Manhattan”, performing in a number of Off-Broadway plays.
Interesting Facts about Kate Walsh
- Often compared to Catherine Deneuve, an icon of French cinema. So much so that it was written into an episode of Grey’s Anatomy (2005) where a patient’s husband becomes fascinated with Walsh’s character because of the resemblance.
- Married to Alex Young, a production co-president at 20th Century Fox [September 1, 2007].
- Grew up in San Jose, California and Tucson, Arizona.
- Attended University of Arizona.
- Was a runway model in Japan during the early 1980s.
- Has two dogs and two cats. Her dogs are named Lou Diamond Phillips and Rosie Perez after the actor and actress of the same name.
- Ranked #52 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Good friend of Jamie Denbo, Sara Morris, Cynthia True, Sally Ann Brooks and Corinne Kingsbury.
- [December 2008] Announced that she had filed for divorce from her husband Alex Young after only 15 months of marriage. She cited irreconcilable differences as the reason.
- In September 2017, Walsh revealed that she was diagnosed with a benign meningioma in 2015. She underwent surgery and had the tumor successfully removed. Walsh took a nine-month break to recover.
- Daughter of Joseph P. Walsh (b. Navan, County Meath, Leinster, Ireland) and wife Angela C. Bochetto and sister of Séan … Walsh and Joseph “Joe” … Walsh, filmmakers. They grew up in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, and were raised Roman Catholic.
- Her mother is Italian and her father is Irish.
Personal Quotes by Kate Walsh
I loved campaigning for Obama.– Kate Walsh
There are lots of different ways for women to be a mom in this culture.– Kate Walsh
I struggle with control.– Kate Walsh
I’m stronger and sassier as a redhead.– Kate Walsh