Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Katee Sackhoff. Check it out!
Kathryn Ann “Katee” Sackhoff (born April 8, 1980) is an American actress known for playing Lieutenant Kara “Starbuck” Thrace on the Sci Fi Channel’s television program Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009). She was nominated for four Saturn Awards for her work on Battlestar Galactica and won the award for Best Supporting Actress on Television in 2005.
Interesting Facts about Katee Sackhoff
- She starred with Kiefer Sutherland on the television series, 24 (2001).
- Was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding the final episodes of the third season of Battlestar Galactica (2004), in order to preserve the secrecy regarding the fate of her character.
- She loved Xena: Warrior Princess (1995) because Xena was one of the first strong female characters on a weekly basis on TV.
- Has 2 dogs, one named “Meatball” and a newly adopted puppy she named “Nelly B” after her character on The Education of Max Bickford (2001).
- Actress who played Captain Kara “Starbuck” Thrace on Battlestar Galactica (2004).
- Grew up with an older brother, Erick, co-owner of a vehicle modification shop near Portland.
- In Battlestar Galactica: Kobol’s Last Gleaming: Part 2 (2005), she is beaten by Tricia Helfer.
- Although the movie White Noise: The Light (2007) received a “Rotten Tomatoes Award”, many critics gave Katee’s performance a “thumbs up”.
- Practices yoga regularly and goes on 10-mile runs every Sunday.
- Her Battlestar Galactica (2004) co-star Tricia Helfer is one of her best friends.
- Good friends with Karen Gillan.
- Mother Mary Helene Grommesch is a coordinator for an English as a Second Language program.
Personal Quotes by Katee Sackhoff
People don’t realize that I started in musical theater. That’s where my roots are.- Katee Sackhoff
I wear high heels and dresses. I am a total girly girl.- Katee Sackhoff
As people, right now, we’re so over-stimulated in this world that I don’t know what I’d do in Wyoming. I really don’t know what I’d do. I would probably have a heart attack because I’d be so lonely, and I’d actually have to listen to myself think. That’s a terrifying prospect for myself, and I’m sure many other people as well.- Katee Sackhoff
If a character is supposed to be hated, my goal is to make her the most hated person on the show.- Katee Sackhoff
I think that I am lucky and blessed to have the job that I have, and I am trying to create longevity. If that means that I transition into different things at different points in my life, then that’s fine. I also believe that if doors don’t open, make new doors, so I’ve also started producing quite a bit of things.- Katee Sackhoff