Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Katherine Heigl. Check it out!
Katherine Marie Heigl was born on November 24, 1978 in Washington, D.C., to Nancy Heigl (née Engelhardt), a personnel manager, and Paul Heigl, an accountant and executive. Her father is of German/Swiss-German and Irish descent, and her mother is of German ancestry. A short time after her birth, the family moved to New Canaan, Connecticut, where Katherine was to spend the majority of her childhood; the youngest member of her family, Katherine–or “Katie” as she is nicknamed–has two elder siblings, John and Meg. Tragically, her older brother Jason died in 1986 of brain injuries suffered in a car accident, after being thrown from the back of a pickup truck. When doctors determined he was brain-dead, the family made the difficult decision to donate his organs. Not only did this painful chapter give Katherine a greater perspective and appreciation for life, but it motivated her to use her celebrity to promote the importance of organ donation.
Interesting Facts about Katherine Heigl
- Her “Just One” foundation is involved with dog adoption.
- Graduated from New Canaan High School in 1996.
- Fan of Glee (2009).
- Ranked as #55 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement. (2005)
- 2006: Named #19 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement.
- Starred in a video on the Shelter Me website to encourage dog adoption.
- 2005: She was October on FHM magazine’s 2005 pin-up calendar.
- Best friend of her Grey’s Anatomy (2005) co-star T.R. Knight, who was a groomsman at her wedding.
- June 2006: Engaged to musician Josh Kelley.
- Admits that one of her worst vices is being a smoker.
- Sister-in-law of Charles Kelley.
- A lifelong animal lover, Katherine owns 8 dogs, 4 cats, 9 horses, 2 donkeys, 2 goats and 8 chickens (2014).
Personal Quotes by Katherine Heigl
It’s easy to be taken advantage of if you’re not honest.- Katherine Heigl
If I start going back to church, I’d have to stop the smoking and drinking, and I wouldn’t be able to curse any more.- Katherine Heigl
So much about living life, to me, is about humility and gratitude. And I’ve tried very hard to have those qualities and be that person and I’m just so disappointed in myself that I allowed it to slip.- Katherine Heigl
My mother is a realist, and she’s had biological and adoptive children, and she said it’s no different: No matter what, they’re putting a stranger into your arms. You don’t know them yet.- Katherine Heigl
I’m not really a first-move kind of gal.- Katherine Heigl