Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kathryn Hahn. Check it out!
Kathryn Marie Hahn was born in Westchester, Illinois, but her family then moved to Cleveland, Ohio, where she spent most of her time growing up. She is of German, Irish, and English descent. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in theater from Northwestern University. She later attended Yale, where she enrolled in the school of drama and starred as “Sally Bowles” in “Cabaret” and as “the heartless Célimène” in Molière’s play, “The Misanthrope”. Kathryn has extensive stage experience, and appeared with the Huntington Theater Company’s production of Jon Robin Baitz’s “Ten Unknowns”, with Ron Rifkin of Alias (2001) (Arvin Sloane).
Interesting Facts about Kathryn Hahn
- Auditioned for the role of Pam Beesly on the NBC sitcom The Office (2005), which went to Jenna Fischer.
- Lives in Los Angeles, California, where she paints and practices yoga when she’s not busy acting.
- Attended Northwestern University, where she received her Bachelor’s degree in Theatre.
- Won a role on “Hickory Hideout”, a children’s television program that aired in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Has two children with her husband Ethan Sandler: Leonard Sandler (born October 2006) and Mae Sandler (born July 27, 2009).
- She has worked separately with three Friends (1994) actors: Jennifer Aniston, Paul Rudd and Christina Applegate.
- Attended the Yale School of Drama in New Haven, Connecticut, but did not graduate.
- George Hahn is her cousin.
- Her role on Crossing Jordan (2001) as Lily Lebowski had her playing opposite her husband, Ethan Sandler. Ethan played Jeffrey Brandau, Lily’s fiancée on the series. During the season 6 taping of “Crossing Jordan”, Kathryn was pregnant with their first child.
Personal Quotes by Kathryn Hahn
My life is a big accident, so where I end up, I think it’s all accidents.- Kathryn Hahn
There is a lot of kissing in ‘Boeing-Boeing.’ A lot! And not pecks on the cheek or lips – although there’s some of that, too – but full-on, farcical lip locks. My poor husband. He definitely wasn’t prepared for as much smooching as there is.- Kathryn Hahn
Free Agents’ was an awesome experience. I never play the glam girl in anything, so that was a new experience. I would walk into one of my trailers and it would be like Spanx, a spray-tan gun, and chicken cutlets. I would have hair extensions. It was hilarious. Every day felt like I was turning into an awesome drag queen.- Kathryn Hahn
There was something about the Cleveland Play House that was the holiest place – you know, with the ghost light on the stage and the brick. It was just the most beautiful theater in the world.- Kathryn Hahn
I was on vacation with my family when I got the scripts for ‘Wanderlust’ and I was trying to work on the audition while I was on vacation. I remember a big gust of wind blew the entire script into the pool, so I had to dry it with a hairdryer.- Kathryn Hahn