Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Katie Holmes. Check it out!
Born two months premature at four pounds, Kate Noelle Holmes made her first appearance on December 18, 1978, in Toledo, Ohio. She is the daughter of Kathleen Ann (Craft), a philanthropist, and Martin Joseph Holmes, Sr., a lawyer. She is of German, Irish, and English ancestry. Her parents have said that her strong-willed personality is probably due to her early birth. Being the youngest in the Holmes clan, completing the family of three other sisters and one brother, Katie was always the baby.
Interesting Facts about Katie Holmes
- Noisy underground British artist ‘Firexit’ has two songs with references to Katie, one called “K H” (Katie’s initials) and a song called “The reason I can’t have her” featuring samples of Katie singing ‘On my own’ from a Dawson’s Creek (1998) episode.
- Ranked as #72 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement. (2005)
- Mentioned in the song, “High School Never Ends”, by Bowling for Soup.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 27, a daughter named Suri Cruise on April 18, 2006. Child’s father is her boyfriend (now ex-husband), Tom Cruise.
- (June 28, 2012) Filed for divorce from her husband of 5 years Tom Cruise.
- Ex-stepmother of Tom Cruise’s adopted children: Isabella and Connor Cruise.
- Her father is of three quarters German and one quarter Irish descent; the family surname, originally “Holm”, was changed to “Holmes” by her German immigrant ancestors. Her mother has Irish and English ancestry.
- Has worked with two Batmans. In Batman Begins (2005), she works with Christian Bale. Her previous film was First Daughter (2004), in which her father, the President, is played by Michael Keaton.
- Holmes’s couch-jumping-worthy engagement ring is a Edwardian-style oval- shaped diamond ring of about 5 carats in a pave setting.
- The first concert she ever saw was Whitney Houston.
- She wears a size 11 shoe.
- Auditioned for the role as Buffy Summers in the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), but was too young.
Personal Quotes by Katie Holmes
We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true.- Katie Holmes
Chris and I care about each other and we’re still friends. Tom is the most incredible man in the world.- Katie Holmes
I do like to buy my own clothes because I like to support designers. I know the work that goes into it.- Katie Holmes
We have our little restaurants, and there’s a beautiful beach that we go to in the summer and fall. We tend to have a lot of get-togethers, and if it’s at my house, we order pizza because I can’t cook.- Katie Holmes
When ‘Top Gun’ came out, my sisters were like, ‘Oh, my God, ‘Top Gun!’ Tom Cruise!’ And I very confidently said, ‘I’m going to marry him one day.’ It wasn’t like, ‘How do I get to Tom Cruise?’ It was just, ‘I think I’m going to marry him. Why not? He’ll like me. I’m fun.’- Katie Holmes