Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Keke Palmer. Check it out!
Lauren Keyana Palmer was born on August 26, 1993 in Harvey, Illinois to Sharon and Larry Palmer, both former actors. Palmer showed vocal promise as a five-year-old, when she belted out “Jesus Loves Me” in her church choir. A year later the singer-actress had a solo in her kindergarten play but, to her mom’s dismay, the mike had not been adjusted to suit her daughter’s height. Without missing a beat, Palmer lowered the mike and moved the crowd with her heavenly voice. At that very moment, her family knew there was something special about Keke (a nickname given to her by her sister).
Interesting Facts about Keke Palmer
- She resides in Los Angeles, CA.
- Is close friends with Carlysia Levert, daughter of the late Gerald Levert.
- Friends with Tyler Perry.
- Auditioned for Akeelah and the Bee (2006) 5 times. Director was convinced by the emotion in her crying the 5th time around.
- Her favorite actor is William H. Macy.
- Trained for 7 weeks with a professional quarterback preparing for her role in The Longshots (2008).
- Was in two movies where Queen Latifah played her mother – Joyful Noise (2012) and Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012).
Personal Quotes by Keke Palmer
I love being brown, so I love using Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder. I use it everywhere: my forehead, my cheekbones, a little bit by my chin. It gives me a golden balance that I really like. I also use the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector for my highlighter right underneath my eye. It’s a pretty color – it’s not too much and not too little.– Keke Palmer
I have a particular pair of boyfriend jeans that I wear with Converse sneakers and, really, any kind of top, from a crop top to a hoodie. I usually go for a loose top or jacket to keep things casual with sort of a streetwear vibe.– Keke Palmer
I believe your reality is what you make it, what you choose to see, and what you choose to allow yourself to do. There are possibilities all around you – magic all around you – no matter what situation you’re in.– Keke Palmer
I don’t wish for anything. Wishing for a million dollars feels greedy. I just wish for the best for me.– Keke Palmer
When I was, like, 5 years old, I used to pray to have light skin because I would always hear how pretty that little light skin girl was, or I would hear I was pretty to be dark skin. It wasn’t until I was 13 that I really learned to appreciate my skin color and know that I was beautiful.– Keke Palmer