Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kelly Preston. Check it out!
Kelly Preston was born on October 13, 1962 in Honolulu, Hawaii. A talented and captivating performer, she first garnered international attention with her role as “Marnie Mason” in Ivan Reitman’s Twins (1988), starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito. With her diverse character portrayals in films, such as director Cameron Crowe’s Jerry Maguire (1996); Citizen Ruth (1996) for Alexander Payne; and For Love of the Game (1999), directed by Sam Raimi, she continued to capture audience attention.
Interesting Facts about Kelly Preston
- Daughter Ella Bleu Travolta is 10 years, 7 months, and 20 days older than son Benjamin Hunter Kaleo Travolta.
- Studied drama at the University of Southern California and the University of California.
- She had English, Irish, German, Scottish, Scots-Irish, and 1.5/32 Hawaiian, ancestry. Her Hawaiian roots came from her maternal grandmother, Lucille K. Ackerman, who was of almost one quarter Hawaiian descent.
- (May 18, 2010) Announced that she is three months pregnant with her third child, with husband John Travolta.
- Returned to work 2 years, 5 months after giving birth to son Benjamin, to begin filming Adopted (2013).
- Kelly and her husband, John Travolta, had the distinction of having both starred in movies based on Stephen King novels, where the title of each was a girl’s name which began with the letter “C”. Kelly starred in Christine (1983), John starred in Carrie (1976).
- Although they never married, Charlie Sheen presented Kelly with a 2.5 karat pink diamond engagement ring when he proposed to her in 1989.
- Had done most of her own singing in the comedy-drama movie What a Girl Wants (2003).
- Discovered by a fashion photographer when she was 16, he helped her get work in commercials and even set up for an audition for Brooke Shields’ role in The Blue Lagoon (1980). She did not get the role because she was too sultry.
- Was turned down for the role of Emmeline Lestrange in The Blue Lagoon (1980) which went to Brooke Shields. This was Preston’s first film audition.
- Her middle name, Kamalelehua, meant “garden of lehuas” in Hawaiian. The ‘Ohi’a Lehua is a Hawaiian flower.
- She resided with Charlie Sheen from 1989-1990. She was gunned down by accident in their apartment in 1990.
Personal Quotes by Kelly Preston
You want to spend time with your children even though you are tired so you do all those things.- Kelly Preston
I thought it was such a unique concept to play parents who happen to be super heroes and have a son who is going through puberty and starting high school.- Kelly Preston
I took a long time off to have my baby and spend time with my family.- Kelly Preston
We moved to Australia for two years though and that was a little bit tough trying to fit in.- Kelly Preston
We have freedoms and boundaries; we just have a great family life.- Kelly Preston