Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kelly Ripa. Check it out!
Kelly Ripa had been performing in her senior high school play, The Ugly Duckling, when she was approached by her current manager, Cathy Parker, who encouraged her to pursue acting. After attending new Jersey’s Camden County Community College, she performed in local theater productions before joining All My Children (1970) in November, 1990. Kelly has received nominations for a 1993 Daytime Emmy Award and a 1993 Soap Opera Award. Kelly, is the first in her family to enter the acting profession. She had studied ballet since age three, plays the piano and, in her words, is “no Barbra Streisand”, but can carry a tune.
Interesting Facts about Kelly Ripa
- Daughter of Joseph Joe Ripa and Esther Essie Ripa.
- Best known by the public for her roles as Hayley Vaughn on All My Children (1970), one of the title characters in Hope & Faith (2003) and as co-hostess of Live with Kelly and Ryan (1988).
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 12, 2015.
- Older sister of Linda Ripa and cousin of Steve Ripa.
- Former high school cheerleader.
- Actor/director Chris Bruno is the godfather of her and Mark Consuelos’ first child, Michael Consuelos (Michael Joseph Consuelos). Michael is also the godson of Eva LaRue.
- Ripa and her husband, Mark Consuelos, are both half-Italian.
- Her father, Joe, was sworn in (January 6, 2004) as the County Freeholder for Camden County in the state of New Jersey. The ceremony took place at the Scottish Rites Auditorium in the New Jersey city of Collingswood. She grew up in the nearby town of Berlin.
- Announced on March 17, 2006 that she is 3/4 Italian and 1/4 Irish. Her father is full Italian American and her mother is Italian and Irish American.
- Married her All My Children (1970) co-star, Mark Consuelos, on May 1, 1996. They have three children: Michael Consuelos (Michael Joseph Consuelos), June 2, 1997, Lola Consuelos (Lola Grace Consuelos), June 16, 2001, 8lbs 3oz. and Joaquin Consuelos (Joaquin Antonio Consuelos), February 24, 2003, 8lbs 5oz.
- She and her husband, Mark Consuelos, attended Donald Trump’s wedding to Melania Trump.
- Sat opposite her co-host, Regis Philbin, on a celebrity edition of [error] in 2001, and won $250,000 for charity.
Personal Quotes by Kelly Ripa
If I’m exhausted and I just don’t feel like it, then I don’t do it. I am a human being, after all. But I also know I’m the kind of person who, if I take one day off, well, it’s very easy for me to take the next day off and then quit exercising.- Kelly Ripa
I try to make my heart beat out of my chest, hard-core, once a day for at least a half hour. I think that’s very important.- Kelly Ripa
I’ll quit tanning when the satchel handle grows out of my back.- Kelly Ripa
I’m not a prettier everywoman. I am an everywoman that they clean up awfully well for T.V.- Kelly Ripa
If I feel any sort of emotional upheaval, I go for a jog and I feel better.- Kelly Ripa