Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kevin Smith. Check it out!
Kevin Patrick Smith was born in Red Bank but grew up in Highlands, New Jersey, the son of Grace (Schultz) and Donald E. Smith, a postal worker. He is very proud of his native state; this fact can be seen in all of his movies. Kevin is of mostly German, with some Irish and English, ancestry.
Interesting Facts about Kevin Smith
- He is an Edmonton Oilers ice hockey fan.
- During his childhood, he was a big fan of Tom Savini’s special effects work.
- Did some rewrites for Coyote Ugly (2000).
- Was at one point attached to write the script for Scary Movie 3 (2003).
- Attended Vancouver Film School but dropped out halfway through.
- Shares the Exact same name as the actor who played aries on xena warrior princess tv series.
- Kevin founded the podcast network, ‘The SModcast Podcast Network’ on January 1st, 2010.
- In 2005, he appeared as himself in several episodes of the Canadian TV series teen drama, Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001). Although he is married in real life, for his appearances on this show, Smith (as a character in the show) is said to be single, in order to allow him to make out with one of the main (adult) characters in the series.
- Played goalie during games of street hockey with his friends Bryan Johnson, Walter Flanagan, and Ed Hapstak.
- Friends with Ben Affeck and Donnell Rawlings.
- As a teenager his girlfriend’s mother wrote “Kevin Smith will never be a famous writer.” on a sheet of paper and told him that if he ever proved it wrong that she would eat the paper. He still has the sheet of paper, and considers the mother a close friend. However he does not speak with the former girlfriend anymore.
- Favorite bands: The Police, Talking Heads, Run-D.M.C., Public Enemy, E Street Band, and The Cure.
Personal Quotes by Kevin Smith
I’ve always kind of ripped from real life to some degree or at least how I’m feeling in the moment. In fact, maybe that’s really it. In anything I’ve ever written, all the characters sound like me, which I don’t think is a bad thing.- Kevin Smith
Don’t let anybody tell you different, man: The main goal in life careerwise should always be to try to get paid to simply be yourself.- Kevin Smith
From now on, any flick I’m ever involved with, I conduct critics screenings thusly: ‘You wanna see it early to review it? Fine: pay like you would if you saw it next week.’- Kevin Smith
You can have 10 bucks to 10 million bucks and if you got a crew, imagination and a lot of people willing to turn in some work next to nothing, you going to have a feature. But you can’t get beyond how expensive marketing the movie is, it’s so crushing.- Kevin Smith
In anything I’ve ever written, all the characters sound like me, which I don’t think is a bad thing. It makes sense. But I had always admired filmmakers who made movies that didn’t sound like them at all.- Kevin Smith