Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kevin Spacey. Check it out!
Kevin Spacey Fowler, better known by his stage name Kevin Spacey, is an American actor of screen and stage, film director, producer, screenwriter and singer. He began his career as a stage actor during the 1980s before obtaining supporting roles in film and television. He gained critical acclaim in the early 1990s that culminated in his first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the neo-noir crime thriller The Usual Suspects (1995), and an Academy Award for Best Actor for midlife crisis-themed drama American Beauty (1999).
Interesting Facts about Kevin Spacey
- In April 2000, the Los Angeles Times reported that he was being considered for the role of Inspector Clouseau in The Pink Panther (2006). The following month, he denied he was in negotiations for the role. He said he had only had two conversations with MGM about the role, but that since the announcement claiming he was in the running for it, he would had to answer “8000” Pink Panther questions.
- His first professional stage appearance was as a spear carrier in a New York Shakespeare Festival performance of Henry VI, Part 1 in 1981.
- To pay his way through Juilliard School, he worked in the school’s admin office.
- In high school, he played Captain Von Trapp in “The Sound of Music”, which was famously portrayed by Christopher Plummer in the 1965 classic. Christopher Plummer would later replace Kevin Spacey as J. Paul Getty in All the Money in the World (2017), after Kevin Spacey was accused by several people of sexual harassment over many years.
- He was considered for Hades in Hercules (1997).
- He was awarded the honorary CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2010 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for his services to drama. He was awarded honorary Knight Bachelor of the Order of the British Empire in the 2015 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for his services to drama and theatre especially as artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London, England.
- He was considered for the lead role in The Phantom of the Opera (2004).
- He was considered for John Milton in The Devil’s Advocate (1997).
- Has a black mongrel terrier called Mini. “She is named after the car.”.
- In March 2011 – following Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko’s crackdown on the Belarusian democracy movement – Spacey joined Jude Law on the street in a protest against Lukashenko’s regime.
- Was the first Academy Award winner to be on The Daily Show (1996).
- His father, Thomas Fowler, was a technical writer.
Personal Quotes by Kevin Spacey
If you’re watching a film on your television, is it no longer a film because you’re not watching it in a theatre? If you watch a TV show on your iPad, is it no longer a TV show? The device and the length are irrelevant; the labels are useless, except perhaps to agents and managers and lawyers, who use these labels to conduct business deals.- Kevin Spacey
I’ve taken the experiences that I’ve had in the theatre and applied them to film and television and now games.- Kevin Spacey
It takes stamina to get up like an athlete every single night, seven to eight performances a week, 20 weeks in a row. And there are many young performers who only learn their craft in the two minute bits it takes to film a scene. You never learn the arc of storytelling, the arc of a character that way.- Kevin Spacey
If you haven’t turned rebel by twenty you’ve got no heart; if you haven’t turned establishment by thirty you’ve got no brains!- Kevin Spacey
I am now a commander of the British Empire.- Kevin Spacey