Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kristen Bell. Check it out!
Kristen Anne Bell (born 1980) is an American actress and singer. She was born and raised in Huntington Woods, Michigan, and is the daughter of Lorelei (Frygier), a nurse, and Tom Bell, a television news director. Her ancestry is Polish (mother) and German, English, Irish, and Scottish (father). Kristen found her talent in entertainment at an early age. In 1992, she went to her first audition and won a role in Raggedy Ann and Andy. Bell’s mother established her with an agent before she was 13, and she was cast in newspaper advertisements and television commercials. At this time, she also began private acting lessons. Bell had an uncredited role in the film Polish Wedding (1998) in 1998.
Interesting Facts about Kristen Bell
- Became a vegan after seeing the documentary Forks Over Knives (2011).
- Her father has German, as well as English, Irish and Scottish ancestry. Her maternal grandparents, Bernard Frygier and Anne Agnes Pruchnicki, were both from Polish immigrant families.
- First person ever to host the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards (21 January 2018 / Los Angeles).
- Has two stepsisters from her father’s remarriage: Sara Bell and Jody Bell. They were both born in Canada.
- Named #1 on Maxim magazine’s 2006 list of “Fall TV’s Criminally Sexy Investigators”.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6225 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on November 19, 2019.
- Also attended Berkley High School in Berkley, Michigan.
- She was mentioned in People magazine’s Most Beautiful People of 2007 on the Beauty at every age page. She was the beauty at age 26.
- Plays a 17-year-old on Veronica Mars (2004) but is seven years older than her character.
- When asked by Empire magazine if she considers herself a gamer, she replied: “You know, I used to be so much. When systems first came out I was all over regular Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, N64. My N64 was the only thing I couldn’t live without in college.” She cited her favorite N64 games as GoldenEye 007 (1997) and Mario Kart 64 (1996). [May 2014]
- Is a huge fan of America’s Funniest Home Videos (1989) and Extreme Makeover (2008).
- Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her daughter Delta to begin filming The Boss (2016).
Personal Quotes by Kristen Bell
I’m very used to playing the tomboy or the sarcastic cynic. That’s my go-to. Playing the vulnerable of a real girl that’s in real womanlike situations, where it’s romanticized, I’m a little nervous about it.– Kristen Bell
I love nerds. Comic-Con junkies are the tastemakers of tomorrow. Isn’t that funny? The tables have turned.– Kristen Bell
I pushed myself way too hard during the first year of Veronica Mars and I got moody and run-down. Now I’ll go to bed early instead of going out with friends. It’s not always the most fun option, but I know I need at least eight hours of sleep to feel balanced.– Kristen Bell
I’ve got more junk in the trunk than most 5-foot-1 blonde girls, and I like it.– Kristen Bell
I’m not homely enough to play the nerdy girl and not nearly pretty enough to play the pretty girl.– Kristen Bell