Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Krysten Ritter. Check it out!
Krysten Ritter stars as Jessica Jones in the Peabody, Hugo, and Emmy Award winning Netflix original series, Marvel’s Jessica Jones (2015). Her performance, which earned her a prestigious Critics Choice nomination, a Saturn nomination, a Webby Award and a Glamour Best International TV Actress Award, has received rave reviews with the show being celebrated by critics and audiences alike for its groundbreaking depiction of a reluctant anti-super-heroine with an alcohol problem and a wicked case of PTSD who will not let a sexual assault from her past define her. She will also play Jessica Jones in The Defenders (2017) and the second season of Marvel’s “Jessica Jones”.
Interesting Facts about Krysten Ritter
- Was discovered at a young age at a shopping mall, where she and her mother were shopping.
- Writes songs, sings, and plays guitar in the New York City band Ex Vivian.
- In a relationship with musician Adam Granduciel since August 2014. They have a son together.
- Her acting coach is Marjorie Ballentine.
- Raised on a farm in Shickshinny, Pennsylvania. Was not allowed to ride a horse, so she rode a cow named “Jake”.
- Wrote, recorded, and performed a song for BuzzKill (2012), a film in which she stars.
- Her debut novel, Bonfire, was published in 2017. It’s a psychological thriller about an environmental lawyer who returns to her hometown on a case and is drawn into a deepening mystery.
- Mother with boyfriend Adam Granduciel, son Bruce Julian Knight Granofsky (b. July 29, 2019).
- Plays guitar.
- Krysten is an avid knitter and collaborated with We Are Knitters to create her own collection of knitting kits.
- Trained as an actor in NYC.
- An “Ex-Vivian” song will be used in her film, The Last International Playboy (2008).
Personal Quotes by Krysten Ritter
When I go home to Pennsylvania, my cousins who live in small towns and are twenty-three with kids are like ‘Krysten, when are you getting married?’ ‘When are you having a kid?’ Honestly, those aren’t the most important things to me right now.- Krysten Ritter
On the farm, I had chores. I had a calf. We had a herd of cattle in the pasture. We’d go and get me a calf at a cow auction with Amish people, which I would raise. I gave it a bottle every day, in this cute little coop, like a giant dog coop almost. I’ve always been a big animal person.- Krysten Ritter
I’m a weirdo. I don’t leave the house unless I have to.- Krysten Ritter
I’ve watched ‘Clueless’ as many times as humanly possible. Like, I would run home from school to watch it. Like, I can quote it backwards.- Krysten Ritter
Everybody has that: everybody knows what it’s like to go home and then regress and not be running from something, not like who you were when you were home. I think everybody relates to that.- Krysten Ritter