Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lauren Graham. Check it out!
Lauren Graham was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Donna Grant and Lawrence Graham, a candy industry lobbyist. Her father was from New York and her mother was from the American South, and Lauren has Irish, English, and Scottish ancestry. She grew up in Northern Virginia, USA (Fairfax, Arlington, and Great Falls, VA) Graduate of Langley High School, McLean, VA Graduate of Barnard College with a Bachelor’s Degree in English. Graduate of Southern Methodist University with a Master’s Degree in Acting. She was raised by a single parent, her father. Her parents divorced when she was 5. Growing up she wanted to be a jockey but her height precluded it. She traveled extensively with her father during her childhood and discovered acting while in elementary school. Her resume includes theatre, film and television.
Interesting Facts about Lauren Graham
- Lauren’s father, Larry, is the President of the National Confectioners Association and was a founder of The Harkin Engel Protocol, an industry-wide agreement to ensure that cocoa is farmed responsibly, without the worst forms of child labor and forced adult labor. His groundbreaking work has spawned other efforts. Her mother, Donna, left her family when Lauren was 5 to pursue a singing career. She ended up in the fashion industry.
- She loves horses and horseback riding. Wanted to be a jockey, but she was too tall.
- Her stepmother is Karen Graham.
- Prior to Gilmore Girls (2000), she and once guest star Scott Cohen both appeared on a three part episode of Law & Order (1990) (though never appearing in the same scene).
- She has a dog named Hanna.
- 2011: Is in a relationship with Peter Krause, her co-star on Parenthood (2010). First met on the set of Caroline in the City (1995).
- Former roommate of Connie Britton.
- On The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (1999) (Feb 1, 2003), when they were discussing the quotes then on her page on IMDb, she said that she preferred “Belly buttons are cool.”.
- 2003 – Started her own production company, Good Game.
- She and Gilmore Girls (2000) co-star Scott Patterson both made appearances on the TV series Seinfeld (1989) as a prospective girlfriend for Jerry and boyfriend for Elaine, respectively (but not in the same episode).
- Received an MFA in Acting from Southern Methodist University.
- Graduate of Barnard College in 1988.
Personal Quotes by Lauren Graham
I get a delivery of a diet food during the week, which doesn’t mean that I don’t eat the occasional Krispy Kreme doughnut.Lauren Graham
Acting is the most bizarre profession. You can stay in it for years and not really be in it and be waiting for someone to give you an opportunity. It’s like when I watch ‘American Idol’ and see people who have been told to believe in themselves at all costs: It’s not always a good idea.Lauren Graham
My time at Barnard was fun but stressful. I transferred there from the acting conservatory at NYU, and my Rolling Around On the Floor Pretending to Be a Lion classes didn’t translate into many academic credits.Lauren Graham
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten more liberal, and my father is increasingly conservative. It’s so shocking to me because I always thought we had the same politics. The day I realized we voted for different presidents, I practically fell out of my chair.Lauren Graham
Texting is not flirting, if you don’t care about me enough to say the words than that’s not love, I don’t like it!Lauren Graham