Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lauren Lapkus. Check it out!
Lauren Lapkus was born on September 6, 1985 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. She is known for her work on Jurassic World (2015), Crashing (2017) and Orange Is the New Black (2013). She has been married to Mike Castle since October 5, 2018. She was previously married to Chris Alvarado.
Interesting Facts about Lauren Lapkus
- She was featured in Back Stage’s “10 Comics to Watch in 2012”.
- Her film credits include roles in Dreamworld and Bread and Butter.
- She started taking improv classes at iO Chicago in high school and performed there for a few years.
- Her father is of Lithuanian descent. Her mother is of half Greek and half Serbian ancestry.
- Lauren performs improv and sketch comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Named one of Time Out New York’s 10 Comics to Watch in 2015.
- Stars in the music video for “You’re on Fire” by They Might Be Giants.
- Graduated from DePaul University in 2008 with a degree in English.
- Was the girlfriend of Stuart the comic book store owner on “The Big Bang Theory” and the last permanent girlfriend of the geeky male cast members.
- Jenji Kohan wrote for Orange is the New Black, a Netflix series in which Lapkus appeared.
- Lauren has appeared on many podcasts including Comedy Bang! Bang! and Improv4Humans. Lauren has her own podcast on the Earwolf network called “With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus”.
- Filed for divorce from her husband of 20 months Chris Alvarado. They separated on New Year’s Day. [January 2016]
Personal Quotes by Lauren Lapkus
My improv definitely shows a different side of myself, which is more true to what my real humor is and what my real personality is, and I think – I guess ‘wild’ is a good word for it. I’m still sweet! But I won’t let anyone walk all over me.- Lauren Lapkus
I did a number of local children’s theater plays growing up, but in 5th grade, I had some good times on stage making people laugh as a troll in ‘The Hobbit.’ That solidified my dream to be on ‘Saturday Night Live,’ which was hugely influential for me growing up.- Lauren Lapkus
Most people have kind of done something that could put them in jail at least for one night.- Lauren Lapkus
So many of my characters have really crazy physicalities, so it’s really fun to be able to say, like, ‘I’m an elf who’s the size of a dollar bill!’- Lauren Lapkus
Doing ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!,’ you have to play at the top of your abilities, so it is so fun to get that opportunity. I’ve grown a lot as a performer just working with those guys.- Lauren Lapkus