Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lea Michele. Check it out!
Lea Michele Sarfati was born in the Bronx, New York to Edith Thomasina (Porcelli), a nurse, and Mark David Sarfati, a delicatessen owner-turned-real estate agent. Her mother is of Italian descent (from Rome and Naples), and her father is of Sephardi Jewish ancestry (from Turkey and Greece). Lea was raised Catholic in Tenafly, New Jersey and graduated from Tenafly High School.
Interesting Facts about Lea Michele
- Landed a $1 million deal to spokesmodel for L’Oreal Paris USA in 2012.
- Named in People’s “Best Dressed List” of 2010.
- When she was not working on Broadway during high school, she worked in a Bat Mitzvah dress shop. Her duties were cleaning and vacuuming.
- Was ranked #7 on FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” in 2010.
- Nearly hit Jon Bon Jovi with her car.
- Is active in charities for gay rights and animal rights.
- Originated the role of Wendla Bergmann in the Broadway musical “Spring Awakening”.
- As of 2012, she has 14 tattoos.
- Best friends with actor Jonathan Groff.
- In October 2010, she performed at a benefit concert for the Painted Turtle, a camp for children with chronic illnesses. The concert celebrated the 35th anniversary of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” and she played the role of Janet Weiss.
- In April 2010, she appeared in a PSA for PETA speaking out against fur, and in September 2010, she was honored by PETA for her work for animals.
- Loves record players.
Personal Quotes by Lea Michele
I would love Kate Middleton to be in ‘Glee.’ Wouldn’t that be fantastic? That would be great.- Lea Michele
I was a vegan for two years, and I really enjoyed it. Then, I got to a point in my life at which I wanted to do something else, so now I’m a vegetarian. You should make your diet one that best fits you and how you feel. Listen to your body. The most important thing is to exercise, drink lots of water, and take really good care of yourself.- Lea Michele
I consider myself lucky to be an only child because if I had other siblings, my mother would not have been able to take me to every audition and be so supportive of my career.- Lea Michele
I don’t stop. It’s my nature. People have to tell me to slow down. I plan on playing every role on Broadway. I want to do ‘Evita.’ I want to do ‘Sweeney Todd’ with Chris Colfer. We want to do ‘Wicked.’ I’ll be Elphaba and he wants to play ‘Guy-linda.’ I want to do movies, make music. ‘Glee’ is only the beginning.- Lea Michele
I’m a really big animal lover.- Lea Michele