Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lea Thompson. Check it out!
Lea Katherine Thompson was born on May 31, 1961, in Rochester, Minnesota. She is the youngest of five children. Her parents are Barbara Anne (Barry) and Clifford Elwin “Cliff” Thompson. Since all her siblings were much older than she, Lea says it seemed like she had more than two parents. The family lived in the Starlight Motel, all the kids sharing a room. Things began to look up for the family when Lea’s father got a job in Minneapolis, where the family moved.
Interesting Facts about Lea Thompson
- She was in series of Burger King commercials in the early 1980’s, the series also starred Sarah Michelle Gellar and Elisabeth Shue.
- She played Salle Bowles in the musical Cabaret for 8 months.
- Has been best friends with Christopher Lloyd since they co-starred in Back to the Future (1985). They have also done three movies together outside the trilogy.
- Her brother, Andrew Thompson, was also a modern ballet dancer with the Colorado Ballet. They both took ballet classes throughout their youth, and he helped her pay for her classes later on in life.
- She wears a size 7 1/2 shoe.
- Her first role was as water skiing water show performer, she did not know how to water ski or even swim prior to being cast.
- She has sung duets with both her daughters at a number of the What A Pair benefit concerts supporting breast cancer research.
- Danced in more than 45 ballets with the ABT.
- Her husband’s uncle is actor Robert Walden.
- Has two daughters, Madelyn Deutch (born March 23, 1991) and Zoey Deutch (born December 1, 1994) with her husband Howard Deutch.
- Did her own singing in Howard: A New Breed of Hero (1986).
- She sung with both her daughters in the 2008 A Night at Sardi’s Bye Bye Birdie production to benefit Alzheimer’s research.
Personal Quotes by Lea Thompson
I hate when people don’t hear the actual words out of your mouth or even the intent of it. They just hear something completely different.Lea Thompson
It’s hard not to want to strangle people when you work with them for four years.Lea Thompson
I play a lot of ‘Scrabble’ with my brother online.Lea Thompson
I’m not overweight, but I’m not in shape at all. I do not work out.Lea Thompson
The whole experience of doing a sitcom is… Telling jokes with such precision is really exciting, but it’s also terrifying.Lea Thompson