Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Leah Remini. Check it out!
Leah Marie Remini (born June 15, 1970) is an American actress, author, former Scientologist and anti-Scientology activist. She starred as Carrie Heffernan on the long-running CBS comedy series The King of Queens (1998-2007) and later co-hosted The Talk in 2010-11. Since 2016 she has co-produced and hosted the Emmy Award-winning A&E documentary series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.
Interesting Facts about Leah Remini
- Wore a two-piece Les Habitudes ensemble that included a duchesse satin bustier with silver beads and ivory pearls, and an organza skirt consisting of five layers in her July 2003 wedding to Angelo Pagán.
- Younger sister of Nicole Remini.
- Met her husband Angelo Pagán, in 1996 at a Cuban restaurant.
- May 2002: Has joined the nationally syndicated Don and Mike radio show.
- Her mother is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent (from Austria). Her father’s ancestry is Sicilian.
- Moved to Los Angeles with her mother and sister at the age of 13, and left school at 14.
- Younger half-sister, Stephanie, died of cancer in 2013 at the age of 35.
- In a 2006 TV Guide /Bravo poll, her The King of Queens (1998) character “Carrie Heffernan” was voted the “hottest housewife” on TV with 31% of the vote narrowly besting characters from Medium (2005), My Name Is Earl (2005) and The O.C. (2003).
- Friends with Cheryl Burke.
- Described by Kevin James as having “the mouth of a construction worker in the body of a model.”
- Older half-sister of Shannon Farrara.
- Worked with personal trainer Gina Lombardi to lose 20 pounds for her role in Fired Up (1997).
Personal Quotes by Leah Remini
There’s a lot of things that are good in Scientology, because I wouldn’t have been in it. And that’s the thing: a lot of people trivialize this thing, like, ‘Oh, it’s Xenu, and it’s a volcano, and it’s jumping on couches and acting crazy.’ These people are victims. We’ve been victimized. We believed in something because it starts out very normal.- Leah Remini
I love men who know when to put their foot down and when not to.- Leah Remini
The guy has to kill the spider and get the dead mouse outta the pool.- Leah Remini
I always was trying to make people laugh as a kid. I was a big fan of Carol Burnett and Gilda Radner. I watched them and I remember feeling as a child, when I heard the laughter they got, a little jealous that they made someone laugh like that.- Leah Remini
As a kid, I remember wondering why we lived in an apartment, not in a brownstone, and why we drove an LTD, not a Cadillac. Even now, I’m like that. If I’m on the 5th floor, I will wonder why I’m not on the 6th floor. But that was my drive. I was obsessed with my family having a better life.- Leah Remini