Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Leighton Meester. Check it out!
Leighton Marissa Meester was born in Fort Worth, Texas, to Constance Lynn (Haas) and Douglas Jay Meester. Although born in Texas, Meester spent her early years in Marco Island, Florida with her grandparents. There, she became involved with the local playhouse and made her stage debut in a production of “The Wizard of Oz”.
Interesting Facts about Leighton Meester
- Expecting her second child with husband Adam Brody. [March 2020]
- Has been included on The Independent Critics’ list of “100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces”. She ranked #21 in 2008, #14 in 2009, #4 in 2010, #36 in 2011, and #76 in 2012.
- Her mother served a federal prison sentence for her involvement in a drug ring that smuggled marijuana from Jamaica to the United States in 1983. She was able to give birth to Leighton in a hospital and nursed her for three months in a halfway house, before returning to complete the 16 months left on her sentence. At this time, Leighton’s grandparents cared for her.
- Enjoys creative writing.
- Was in a relationship with her former Gossip Girl (2007) co-star Sebastian Stan from May 2008 to April 2010.
- On October 28, 2014, she released her first album, “Heartstrings”.
- Was named one of People magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful” in 2008.
- Mother, with husband Adam Brody, of daughter Arlo Day Brody (b. August 4, 2015).
- Was ranked #1 on FHM magazine’s “Fall TV’s Hottest Stars” list in 2008.
- Her best friend is actress Emmy Rossum.
- Attended Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills, California.
- Was ranked #17 on Maxim magazine’s “Hot 100 of 2010” list.
Personal Quotes by Leighton Meester
I never wear makeup when I’m not at work. It can make you forget what you look like, and I’ve grown to really love the way I look without it.- Leighton Meester
I’ve never been crazy. I’m a very good girl, to be honest. I don’t do anything to hurt anybody.- Leighton Meester
The way I become friends with somebody is a slow process. You can’t just spill your guts and tell them everything about yourself and expect them to listen and understand you because you don’t know them. It’s the same thing with a relationship.- Leighton Meester
I’m not really a partier, in general. I’ve definitely learned that that’s probably the least interesting thing you can do with your time.- Leighton Meester
When I don’t have to be at work, I want to be the real me – the comfortable me!- Leighton Meester