Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lily Collins. Check it out!
Lily Jane Collins was born in Guildford, Surrey, England. Her father is English musician Phil Collins, while her mother, Jill Tavelman, who is from Los Angeles, California, was president of the Beverly Hills Women’s Club for three terms. Lily moved with her mother to LA at the age of five, after her parents split up. She is of Russian Jewish (from her maternal grandfather), English, and German descent.
Interesting Facts about Lily Collins
- Lily once auditioned for the role of Tauriel that went to actress Evangeline Lilly in Peter Jackson’s ‘Hobbit’ films.
- She attended the University of Southern California.
- She enjoys traveling and while in school, often visited places she learned about to further her education.
- She won a ‘Pandora Breakthrough Artist Award’ at Glamour’s Women of The Year Awards 2012.
- She attended the same high school as Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990) star Tori Spelling, and went on to guest star on the 90210 (2008) reboot.
- She auditioned for the title role in Carrie (2013). The part eventually went to Chloë Grace Moretz.
- She is an outspoken anti-bullying advocate and became anti-bullying organization Bystander Revolution’s first Ambassador in 2014.
- She has done journalistic work for a variety of media outlets, including Nickelodeon and Teen Vogue.
- In the year of her birth (1989), her father Phil Collins had two number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100, “Two Hearts” and the final number one of the decade, “Another Day in Paradise”.
- She has hosted several television shows and has been involved in acting and modeling.
- She is great friends with her The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) co-stars, Kevin Zegers and Jamie Campbell Bower.
- In her book Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me, she revealed that as a teenager she suffered from an eating disorder and wants to open up a conversation which affects women and men around the world.
Personal Quotes by Lily Collins
I’ve always loved fashion design. I love drawing and creating looks and styling.- Lily Collins
I’ve grown up being obsessed by ‘Harry Potter.’- Lily Collins
Growing up in the English countryside, I feel like I’m in a Jane Austen novel when I walk around. I just feel comfortable and confident in those surroundings.- Lily Collins
I’m constantly surprised by human nature and humanity. And I think that’s why I love what I do: because I love to story-tell and bring new characters to life.- Lily Collins
I really, really love Lucy Hale.- Lily Collins