Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Liv Tyler. Check it out!
Liv Tyler is an actress of international renown and has been a familiar face on our screens for over two decades and counting. She began modelling at the age of fourteen before pursuing a career in acting. After making her film debut in Bruce Beresford’s Silent Fall, she was cast by fledgling director James Mangold (who would go on to direct such hits as Girl, Interrupted, Walk the Line and Logan) in his first feature Heavy, a critical and commercial success that went on to gain cult status. This was followed by another indie cult hit, Empire Records, but it was the leading role in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Stealing Beauty that catapulted her to stardom at the age of eighteen.
Interesting Facts about Liv Tyler
- Liv’s mother named her after Liv Ullmann because she was on the cover of TV Guide several weeks prior to Liv’s birth, on March 5, 1977.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1997).
- The science fiction epic Armageddon (1998) opened on her 21st birthday.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 27, a son named Milo William Langdon on December 14, 2004. Child’s father is her now ex-husband, Royston Langdon.
- She and her Lord of the Rings castmate John Rhys-Davies have both appeared in films about “The Incredible Hulk”. Rhys-Davies played Wilson Fisk aka The Kingpin in The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989), while Tyler played Betty Ross in The Incredible Hulk (2008). Daredevil and Kingpin have also been played by her Armageddon (1998) castmates Ben Affleck and Michael Clarke Duncan.
- Godmother of Marlon Richards’ (Keith Richards’ son) children.
- She quit smoking after starting at age 14 (2002).
- Celebrity spokesperson for Givenchy Perfume and Cosmetics.
- Daughter of Bebe Buell and Steven Tyler.
- She got married in Barbados.
- Voted the 6th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine. [September 2002]
- Gave birth to her 3rd child at age 39, a daughter named Lula Rose Gardner on July 8, 2016. Child’s father is her fiancé, Dave Gardner.
Personal Quotes by Liv Tyler
I don’t think a lot of really good films get seen.- Liv Tyler
When I was pregnant. I exercised and was healthy, but it was also the first time since I was 14 that I wasn’t on a diet.- Liv Tyler
Oh, my God, this amazing cool breeze is coming through my window and the sun is shining. I’m happy.- Liv Tyler
I don’t think I’m particularly beautiful at all.- Liv Tyler
I cried on my 18th birthday. I thought 17 was such a nice age. You’re young enough to get away with things, but you’re old enough, too.- Liv Tyler