Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lori Loughlin. Check it out!
Lori Loughlin is an American actress who was born on July 28, 1964, in Queens, New York, USA. She was a junior lifeguard before becoming an actress. Lori began her career at the age of 12 as a print model. During her early teen years, she appeared in television commercials and was frequently seen in national print advertisements. At the age of 15, Loughlin was cast in the ABC soap opera The Edge of Night (1956), playing the part of Jody Travis, an aspiring dancer, and appeared in the series from June 1980 to 1983. She is best known for her role as Rebecca Donalson-Katsopolis on the ABC sitcom Full House (1987), appearing in the series from 1988 to 1995. She portrayed the role of Ava Gregory on the WB series Summerland (2004), which she also co-created and produced. Loughlin also portrayed Gelsey Alexander in the 2007 feature film Moondance Alexander (2007) along with actors Don Johnson, Kay Panabaker, James Best, Sasha Cohen, and Whitney Sloan.
Interesting Facts about Lori Loughlin
- Is of Irish descent.
- Eloped on Thanksgiving Day 1997 (November 27).
- Her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, is the creator of the popular Mossimo clothing line.
- Her last name is pronounced “Locklin”.
- Had lead role as Emmeline in The Blue Lagoon (1980), but turned it down. The lead went to Brooke Shields.
- She has a road named after her in Kirkwood, New York.
- Mother, with husband Mossimo Giannulli, of daughters Isabella Giannulli (Isabella Rose Giannulli, b. September 16, 1998) and Olivia Giannulli (Olivia Jade Giannulli, b. September 28, 1999).
- Like others on the show, remains close with her Full House (1987) castmates, appearing in cameo roles in Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen’s movies.
- Was originally only contracted for six episodes of Full House (1987) but after positive audience reaction, she was given a full-time role. The initial storyline for her was to be just Danny’s co-host and go on one date with him, realizing they would never work out in a dating relationship and have their relationship remain just professional. However, when she became a full-time character, they created a storyline where she would fall in love with Jesse and eventually marry him.
- Has appeared in two movies with Kelly Preston Secret Admirer (1985) and Old Dogs (2009).
- Grew up in Hauppauge, Long Island.
- Became a print model at the age of 11.
Personal Quotes by Lori Loughlin
You have to make difficult choices in your life, and you just have to be happy with them.- Lori Loughlin
I grew up in a great neighborhood, and I remember that you just walked out the front door, and you had a ton of friends to hang out and play with.- Lori Loughlin
I treat myself to facials now, but even when I couldn’t afford to do that, I’d get scrubs and masks from the drugstore.- Lori Loughlin
It’s been such a nice journey doing ‘When Calls the Heart’ from Episode 1 to Episode 12. It’s been a really, really nice journey.- Lori Loughlin
I love champagne, but I don’t have champagne every night. If I go out, and I want to have a drink, I’ll have a glass of champagne.- Lori Loughlin