Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lucas Black. Check it out!
Lucas York Black was born on November 29, 1982, in Decatur, Alabama, to Jan (Keenum), an office worker, and Larry Black, a museum worker. Without any formal acting lessons, Lucas made his film debut with a small part in the Kevin Costner film The War (1994) at the age of 11. The small role helped him land his next job in the series American Gothic (1995). When the series went to North Carolina to cast its primary roles, the casting people in Wilmington remembered Lucas, and suggested him for the role of “Caleb Temple.” Although the series didn’t last too long, Lucas’s film career did. He was next seen in the sleeper hit Sling Blade (1996) and then in another dark film Ghosts from the Past (1996).
Interesting Facts about Lucas Black
- He turned down a part in The Horse Whisperer (1998) because they wanted him to change his accent.
- Supports the Alabama Crimson Tide football team.
- Son was born in August 2013.
- Had no formal acting lessons.
- He has played a character from Texas in four movies: Jarhead (2005), Friday Night Lights (2004), All the Pretty Horses (2000), and The X Files (1998) movie.
- Bought a house in Columbia, Missouri, after having a role in the indie film Killer Diller (2004), which was filmed 45 minutes outside of Columbia in Fayette. [July 2003]
- Enjoys playing football and basketball, and has started to play golf.
- Acted with Christopher Fennell in three movies: The War (1994), The X Files (1998), and Cold Mountain (2003); both had their acting debuts in The War (1994) with Kevin Costner. In The War (1994), they played the two youngest brothers in a family of bullies, and in The X Files (1998), they played two of the three boys who discovered the black oil. in North Texas; Lucas Black was the one who fell down into the hole.
- Daughter, Sophie Jo, was born in June 2011.
- Parents: Larry and Jan Black.
- He acted alongside Billy Bob Thornton in two movies: Sling Blade (1996) and Friday Night Lights (2004).
- He played for the Speake Bobcats as a nose/left guard.
Personal Quotes by Lucas Black
You know, when you’re trying to get better at golf, you’re always measuring your game up against other people to see what you’ve got to do to get better and to see if you can compete with them.- Lucas Black
No matter what we’re trying to accomplish in life, or what career path we’re trying to take, sometimes we get caught up and lose perspective on what’s important in life.- Lucas Black
When I’m not acting, I’m playing golf. I’m pretty passionate about it.- Lucas Black
If you have to change something about you to be in a part, I don’t think it’s easy to do. You should just pick the part where you can just be yourself.- Lucas Black
I have aspirations to try and compete professionally. Any golfer that competes in tournaments would be lying if they said they didn’t.- Lucas Black