Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Luke Evans. Check it out!
Luke George Evans was born in Pontypool, Wales, and grew up in Aberbargoed, in the south of Wales. He is the son of Yvonne (Lewis) and David Evans. He moved to Cardiff at the age 17. He then won a scholarship to the London Studio Centre, and graduated in 2000.
Interesting Facts about Luke Evans
- He almost turned down the role of Gaston for Beauty and the Beast (2017), but ultimately made up his mind to perform as the iconic Disney antagonistic character after watching the 1991 animated film with his godchildren.
- Played in Robin Hood (2010), Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (2010) and Clash of the Titans (2010) in UK. [May 2009]
- While Evans was a cast member in the London production of the musical “Taboo,” he was interviewed in a 2002 issue of the gay news magazine “The Advocate” by writer and director Paris Barclay. Evans told Barclay that he is an openly gay man, and talked about his experience being raised in a small southern Welsh village, Aberbargoed, by parents who belonged to the Jehovah’s Witness church. However, during the early 2010s, when his larger-scale Hollywood career was being launched, Evans (or his publicists speaking on his behalf) were characterized by Time Magazine as “hiding his sexuality” during this period, saying, “Evans, through publicists, refused to comment on his past statements and tended to avoid pronouns in interviews about his significant others, hoping to adopt three dogs and ‘share them with someone else’ in a 2010 interview with Cosmopolitan.” However, by 2014, Evans was once again wiling to discuss his status as a rare openly gay action star. In an interview in Women’s Wear Daily, Evans was asked if he was setting a precedent for gay actors by playing action roles, Evans responded, “It’s good for people to look at me and think this guy is doing his thing and enjoying what he’s doing and successful at it and living his life. And that’s what I’m doing and I’m very happy.”.
- Appeared in ‘Rent – Remixed’ opposite Siobhan Donaghy at the Duke of York’s Theater, London. He performed eight songs on the soundtrack and the show marked his breakthrough as an acknowledged stage signer. [October 2007]
- He refers to his fans as the Luketeers from the “Three Musketeers”.
- Starred as Roger in the British revival of ‘Rent’ in London’s West End. [November 2007]
- Has played two Greek gods. Apollo in Clash of the Titans (2010) and Zeus in Immortals (2011).
- Was considered for the role of Tom Buchanan in The Great Gatsby (2013).
Personal Quotes by Luke Evans
Wales is blessed with some truly magnificent castles, full of history and a must see for visitors.- Luke Evans
You never get over an ex, but you learn to live with it.- Luke Evans
A longbow takes a massive draw for the arrow to go anywhere.- Luke Evans
I’ve had letters from people who have read my articles and said, ‘I’m a guy, I’m 18, and I’ve not come out to my mom and dad yet, but it was so nice to hear your story, and you know, I wish your article would have been longer, because you gave me hope for the future.’- Luke Evans
Basically, Apollo was more of a mediator between Zeus in Olympus and Perseus on Earth. He played much more of an active role.- Luke Evans