Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Macaulay Culkin. Check it out!
Macaulay Carson Culkin, one of the most famous American child stars, was born on August 26, 1980 in New York City, New York, USA, as the third of seven children of his father Kit Culkin (a former stage and child actor and also Macaulay’s former manager) and mother Patricia Brentrup. He is the brother of Shane Culkin, Dakota Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Quinn Culkin, Christian Culkin, and Rory Culkin, most of whom have also acted. Macaulay’s mother, who is from North Dakota, is of German and Norwegian descent. Macaulay’s father, from Manhattan, has Irish, German, English, Swiss-German, and French ancestry.
Interesting Facts about Macaulay Culkin
- Attended WWF’s (now WWE) WrestleMania VII (1991) on March 24, 1991.
- His brother Rory Culkin, now an established actor in his own right, has played both Macaulay’s little brother (in The Good Son (1993) and the younger version of Macaulay’s character (in Ri¢hie Ri¢h (1994)).
- Ranked #2 in VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars”.
- Born on the same date as Chris Pine.
- Was in a relationship with Mila Kunis from 2002 until late 2010.
- Son of Kit Culkin and Patricia Brentrup. His parents were together for 21 years from 1974-1995, but never married.
- Macaulay was named after Thomas Babington Macaulay, and his middle name Carson for Kit Carson of the old west.
- After securing Culkin, Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern for Home Alone (1990), Chris Columbus felt confident enough to cast actors who were his heroes growing up like Catherine O’Hara after seeing her work on SCTV (1976) as well as John Heard and then Tim Curry and Rob Schneider on Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) because they were all open to the films.
- His father is of one quarter Irish, as well as of German, English, Swiss-German, and French, descent. His mother is of half German and half Norwegian ancestry.
- Was considered for the role of “Mark Sway” in The Client (1994) but lost out to Brad Renfro.
- [17 September 2004] Arrested for marijuana possession in Oklahoma.
- His 29-year-old sister, Dakota Culkin, passed away after accidentally being struck by a car on December 10th 2008 in Los Angeles, California.
Personal Quotes by Macaulay Culkin
Oh wow, you know what’s wrong with all these families on TV? All these kids say stuff no kid would say. Stuff grown-ups want them to say. Man, I’d make a really realistic family. Where kids get spankings. On TV parents say, ‘Oh, you shouldn’t do that ever again. Now you can have ice cream.’ Forget it.- Macaulay Culkin
I could have gone the route of a lot of these former child actors, but I didn’t want that for myself. Like I said, when I was 14 years old, I decided to quit. I didn’t ever want to do it again.- Macaulay Culkin
I’m doing naughty things, I’m drinking too much, I’m going to clubs. It really didn’t matter to me, other than the fact that some parents wouldn’t let their kids hang out with me.- Macaulay Culkin
People do bad things in their lives. And those sort of things are forgivable. That’s half the point of having confession in church – you need to be able to fess up to what you’ve done.- Macaulay Culkin
It’s a place where I could do something on a weekly basis and see if I like it.- Macaulay Culkin