Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Maddie Ziegler. Check it out!
Maddie Ziegler was born as Madison Nicole Ziegler on September 30, 2002 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Since the age of two, Maddie Ziegler has had a passion for performance. Raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Maddie’s mother Melissa enrolled her and her younger sister, Mackenzie Ziegler, in dance classes at a local studio. A few years later the trio starred in the hit Lifetime reality series ‘Dance Moms’. The result of the show’s immense popularity led Ziegler to segue into becoming an viral dance sensation, starring in singer-songwriter Sia’s music videos for ‘Chandelier’, ‘Elastic Heart’, and ‘Big Girls Cry’, which have collectively amassed more than 1.5 billion views. Maddie has performed these dark contemporary routines on shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2003), Saturday Night Live (1975), Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (2003), and The 57th Annual Grammy Awards (2015). Ziegler has since begun acting on scripted television shows, such as Pretty Little Liars (2010) and Austin & Ally (2011). She makes her major motion picture debut in The Book of Henry (2017), opposite Naomi Watts, Jaeden Lieberher, and Jacob Tremblay.
Interesting Facts about Maddie Ziegler
- Her favorite dance styles are tap and lyrical.
- She audition for Annie in the 2012 Broadway musical, Annie, but lost the part to Lilla Crawford.
- Won the Industry Dance Award for Favorite Dancer 17 & Under in 2014.
- She has appeared in the music video for Sia’s songs Chandelier, Elastic Heart, and Big Girls Cry, and has performed the dances on various shows, such as Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, SNL, and perhaps most notably, the Grammys. The music videos have been viewed over 2 billion times on YouTube.
- Maddie was included in Harper’s Bazaars’ “19 Rising Style Icons Aged 19 and Under” article.
- She’s the oldest daughter of Melissa Ziegler and Kurt Ziegler.
- Maddie was featured in Teen Vogue’s Young Hollywood Portfolio.
- Maddie is the youngest model to ever grace the cover of Seventeen Magazine.
- Is best friends with Kendall Vertes, Kalani Hilliker, Millie Bobby Brown, and Mackenzie Ziegler.
- She received the scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet Summer Camp Intensive, but was not able to participate.
- Has been dancing since she was 2 years old.
- Maddie is the youngest person to ever reach 1 million followers on Twitter.
Personal Quotes by Maddie Ziegler
I would love to be an amazing singer. I take voice lessons. It’s good to have as a dancer – to be able to sing and act, too, because for a Broadway show or musical, you have to be able to do everything.- Maddie Ziegler
You have to stay in shape for dance. I don’t want to be too skinny, but I don’t want to be overweight. I want to be in the middle.- Maddie Ziegler
I never knew that I would be performing on talk shows with Sia.- Maddie Ziegler
My dance teacher will show me pictures of girls who are rhythmic gymnasts, and they are super skinny. But I don’t want to be too skinny. I think that looks a little gross when you are dancing. You don’t want to be a scrawny, bony thing.- Maddie Ziegler
I like Disney Channel a lot, and I also like to watch ‘Full House.’- Maddie Ziegler