Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mae Whitman. Check it out!
Mae was born in Los Angeles, California to Pat Musick, a voice artist, and Jeffrey Whitman, a personal manager and set construction coordinator. She began her career with a voice-over for a Tyson Chicken commercial. Whitman attended Ribét Academy, a private preparatory school in Los Angeles.
Interesting Facts about Mae Whitman
- Daughter of actress Pat Musick and Jeffrey Whitman.
- She’s the first voice actress ever to provide the voice of Tinker Bell in the Disney movie Tinker Bell (2008) since Tinker Bell doesn’t speak in any of the previous Disney related programs.
- Was the voice of the British Telecom speaking clock for 3 months from the 26th October 2008 as the voice of Tinker Bell as part of a promotional tie in for the film.
- Was disappointed about not being asked to return for Independence Day: Resurgence.
- Has played Bill Pullman’s daughter twice: in Independence Day (1996) as Patricia Whitmore and in Merry Christmas, George Bailey (1997) as Zuzu Bailey.
- Was originally cast as Becca Sommers in the TV series Bionic Woman (2007), but was released and replaced with Lucy Hale.
- Appeared on the ER (1994) episode ER: The Test (2007). Miles Heizer, who will later play her brother on Parenthood (2010), also had a role in the same episode.
- Born on the same date as Eddie Marsan.
- Considers Avatar: The Last Airbender to be one of the best projects she has ever been part of as an actress.
- Got her start in acting aged three when she impressed casting directors by interrupting her mum’s audition and proceeding to tell her off because she was bored. The casting directors were so impressed with her that one, to get a reaction, observed her white-and-purple outfit and said, “My, what a pretty yellow dress you’re wearing.” Whitman looked back at him and replied, “What are you, some kind of knucklehead?”
- Played Max Burkholder’s sister in In Treatment (2008) and his cousin in Parenthood (2010).
- Member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
Personal Quotes by Mae Whitman
For me, one thing I love is having an arc for a character.- Mae Whitman
I kind of dress like a boy from the nineties. I like wearing baseball hats. I just like to be really comfortable.- Mae Whitman
I don’t really have an aversion to watching myself. I think I’ve been doing it for long enough that I have a system of separating it in my brain from my egotistical neuroses for the most part.- Mae Whitman
I’m, like, the biggest fan ever of ‘Arrested Development.’ To be a part of it is incredible. Same goes for ‘Parenthood.’- Mae Whitman
I like to be a lot of different things at once and dress different ways and I change my hair all the time, so being an actor lets me live out the fantasy of living out 100,000 different lifetimes in one, without all of the repercussions.- Mae Whitman