Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Maggie Q. Check it out!
Margaret Denise Quigley was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to a father of Polish and Irish descent (originally based in New York) and a Vietnamese mother. Her parents met during the Vietnam War. Maggie has two older half-siblings from her mother’s previous marriage, and two older sisters. The family moved to Hawaii and settled in Mililani.
Interesting Facts about Maggie Q
- Is the youngest of five children.
- At the suggestion of a friend, Q began modeling in Tokyo at the age of 17, before making an unsuccessful move to Taipei, and finally trying in Hong Kong.
- She has three tattoos: one on each arm and one of a phoenix on her left hip, which she has had to conceal for most of her roles except Nikita.
- Her mother is a property investor.
- Her father, who is American-born, has Irish and Polish ancestry. Her mother is Vietnamese-born. Maggie was raised in Hawaii, and was a fashion model and television personality before she became a movie actress.
- Was cast in Die Hard 4.0 (2007) without an audition.
- Posed for renowned Singaporean photographer Leslie Kee for Kee’s 2006 charity photo-book, “Super Stars”, which was dedicated to the victims of the 2004 Asian tsunami disaster and consisted of photographs of 300 Asian celebrities by Kee.
- She is good friends with her Nikita (2010) co-star Shane West.
- Although she is actually American (born and raised in Hawaii), and of half Vietnamese descent, Maggie pursued modeling careers first in Japan, then Taiwan, then Hong Kong. Her transition into acting was almost coincidental and since then she has become both a top model and actress in Hong Kong, along with garnering a certain amount of fame across Asia.
- Has training in Chinese Wushu, Qi Gong, and Wing Chun.
- Spokesmodel for Shiseido cosmetics.
- Attended Mililani High School with Traycee King.
Personal Quotes by Maggie Q
I’m just totally into being strong. There’s something about wanting to get a jar or whatever out of a high cupboard, or moving a sofa over because my dog’s bone rolled under it, and not having to call anyone for help. There’s comfort in that.Maggie Q
It’s just cool for a girl to be able to do her own thing. I do a lot of movies, and I’m very lucky, and I’m not complaining. But in movies, alongside big action men, we’ve always got to take a step back and let the men shine.Maggie Q
We rarely grow when we’re happy, we grow when we hurt.Maggie Q
Here’s my goal: I want to make a seriously dark show, and not on a network that has ever done that.Maggie Q
As women, I think it helps that we are complex creatures by nature so just being a woman helps to understand a woman’s journey.Maggie Q