Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mark Strong. Check it out!
British actor Mark Strong, who played Jim Prideaux in the 2011 remake of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), is often cast as cold, calculating villains. But before he became a famous actor, he intended to pursue a career in law.
Interesting Facts about Mark Strong
- Lost his hair in his mid-twenties.
- He can speak fluent English and German.
- Seems to have a passion for espionage movies as he has portrayed secret service agents on numerous occasions: He was the head of Jordanian secret intelligence in Body of Lies (2008), a cold war era MI-6 agent in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), a CIA agent in Zero Dark Thirty (2012), the chief of WWII era British Secret Intelligence Service in The Imitation Game (2014), a non-governmental secret service operative in Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) and Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017), and a retired MI-6 assassin in Grimsby (2016). He also played a semi-retired MI-6 agent in 2018 television mini-series Deep State (2018).
- Has two sons with Liza Marshall: Gabriel and Roman. Son Roman was born October 5, 2007.
- He got down to the last two spots for the role of Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men (2007). Originally turned down Body of Lies (2008) because his wife was pregnant with their second child.
- Born Marco Giuseppe Salussolia in London to an Italian father and an Austrian mother.
- Close friends with Daniel Craig. Craig is also the godfather of one of Strong’s sons.
- He grew up in Myddleton Square, Kensington, London.
- He was nominated for a 2003 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role of 2002 for his performance in “Twelfth Night”, performed at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Has appeared in five films with Colin Firth: Fever Pitch (1997), Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), Before I Go to Sleep (2014), Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014), and Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017).
- He was nominated for an Olivier Award for Best supporting Actor for his performance in Uncle Vanya at the Donmar Warehouse (London) in 2002.
- His theatre break was in ‘Napoli Milionaria’ at the National Theatre and his television break in ‘Our Friends in the North’.
Personal Quotes by Mark Strong
My genes are such that I’ve always been relatively in shape.- Mark Strong
I’m going to try to play some good guys for a while and just see how that is. It’s hard to enjoy them as much as the bad guys, and the clothes are nowhere near as good. Good guys don’t wear nice suits!- Mark Strong
You sign for a sequel for everything these days, just in case, options. In the past, you avoided them like the plague because it meant somewhere down the road you couldn’t take a job because you had to do a sequel. Now it’s a feature of pretty much any feature you do.- Mark Strong
When I talk to younger actors, and young people in general, who are holding off having children because they think they cannot fit them into their busy lives, I now know, and am able to say to them, ‘You’ve just got to get on with it; there is never going to be a right time.’- Mark Strong
I’ve never been one of those actors who plays chess with his career and goes, ‘I’m going to wait now and see what project comes up that can move me to this or that level.’ I take stuff as it comes, and it just so happens that it hasn’t dried up yet, touch wood.- Mark Strong