Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Martin Lawrence. Check it out!
Martin Lawrence was born on April 16, 1965 in Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany as Martin Fitzgerald Lawrence. He is an actor and writer, known for Martin (1992), Bad Boys II (2003) and Bad Boys (1995). He was previously married to Shamicka Gibbs and Pat Smith.
Interesting Facts about Martin Lawrence
- In 1996, Lawrence was arrested at Burbank Airport for trying to board a plane while carrying a loaded 9mm Beretta. He claimed he didn’t know guns were allowed on interstate flights. He wasn’t charged in relation to the chase.
- Is from the same Metro Area as Sandra Bullock, Dave Chappelle, Mya, Alan Heitz, Regina Hall, Dwayne Winstead, Lewis Black, Lauren Graham, and Ihuoma Ofordire.
- He attended and graduated from Eleanor Roosevelt High School.
- Ordered to perform community service after incident in March. [September 1997]
- Was taken to Sherman Oaks Hospital and Health Center and later released to his personal physician, Dr. William Young of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, in May 1996. He was wandering in the middle of a busy L.A. intersection on Ventura Boulevard cursing and screaming at oncoming cars while also carrying a loaded handgun in his pocket. Lawrence’s publicist released a statement regarding the incident in which it was stated that Lawrence suffered from “a case of complete exhaustion and dehydration”.
- Son of John Lawrence and Chlora Lawrence.
- Arrested at Burbank Airport for carrying a loaded gun in his suitcase. [August 1996]
- His teachers used to give him the last few minutes of class to make his classmates laugh.
- Lapsed into a coma after collapsing from heat exhaustion while jogging. Recovered in hospital. [August 1999]
- His mother took his first name from slain civil rights activist Martin Luther King and his middle name from the late President John F. Kennedy.
- Was banned from appearing on NBC after he hosted Saturday Night Live (1975) on 19 February 1994. In order to appease network censors, he agreed not to do his opening monologue as planned. However, he did his routine as intended anyway, and this incurred the wrath of the network’s top brass. The ban was overturned several years later. However, Lawrence is still not allowed to appear on SNL.
- Lives in Beverly Hills, California.
Personal Quotes by Martin Lawrence
I just try to get along with people and show the love that I would like to be shown to me.- Martin Lawrence
As long as there’s Big Momma, we’re going to bring you comedy.- Martin Lawrence
I wanted to trust in my partners and the directors and producers and do the best I can to deliver what I could deliver.- Martin Lawrence
When I’m playing Big Momma, it’s so much work that all I want to do, when I’m finished, is go back home and just relax and study my lines and get ready for the next day.- Martin Lawrence
You might see some of the movies that I’m in where there are shades of drama or whatever, but for the most part, I don’t get offered serious roles.- Martin Lawrence