Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mary-Kate Olsen. Check it out!
Mary-Kate Olsen (born June 13, 1986) is an American actress, fashion designer, producer, author, and businesswoman. She co-founded luxury fashion brands The Row, Elizabeth and James, and the more affordable lines Olsenboye and StyleMint alongside her identical twin sister Ashley Olsen. Olsen pursued acting independently as an adult until 2012. She is the older sister of actress Elizabeth Olsen.
Interesting Facts about Mary-Kate Olsen
- Is very close to her older cousin Christine.
- Enjoys shopping, going to the movies, listening to rock music (ie., Counting Crows), cheer leading and Tae Bo with her sister.
- On June 22, 2004, she has reportedly entered a program for treatment of an eating disorder.
- Ex-stepdaughter of McKenzie Olsen.
- Mary-Kate is shorter than her twin sister Ashley by one inch.
- During 8th grade, the only class she and her sister, Ashley Olsen had together was French and it was their first year taking a foreign language.
- At age 6, she and Ashley became the youngest producers in history.
- She and her twin sister, Ashley Olsen, began their schooling at the Christian Nursery School in Los Angeles, California in 1989.
- Likes small specialty shops in Soho, South Beach, and Los Angeles.
- Attended Dixie Canyon Avenue Elementary School in Sherman Oaks, California.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley currently manage four clothing lines called “The Row”, “Elizabeth and James”, “Olsenboye” and “StyleMint”.
- Her second home at Sherman Oaks had five bedrooms and is 4,800 square feet. It is a ranch style house built in 1940. She and her sister, Ashley Olsen, lived in there for 5 years before moving in 1998.
Personal Quotes by Mary-Kate Olsen
I love getting amazing jackets, because you can wear your pajamas underneath and everyone’s like, ‘Oh, fabulous jacket,’ and I’m like, ‘You should see what’s underneath!’- Mary-Kate Olsen
I like to go to parties where I know everyone. How are you going to have fun with people you don’t know?- Mary-Kate Olsen
I get extra time to take the test because of my ADD. Everybody’s brains works differently and I just need longer for things to register.- Mary-Kate Olsen
There are just some really beautiful people in the world. When you’re walking down the street, or you’re at a restaurant, someone catches your eye because they have their own look. It goes way beyond what they’re wearing – into their mannerisms, the way they smile, or just the way they hold themselves.- Mary-Kate Olsen
We played soccer a lot with our friends and at school. We weren’t on an official team or anything, but we’d definitely be up for it in gym or in after-school pickup games where we live.- Mary-Kate Olsen