Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Matthew Gray Gubler. Check it out!
Matthew Gray Gubler is an Emmy award-winning actor, director, producer, painter, and voice over actor from Las Vegas Nevada. While studying film directing at NYU he interned for Wes Anderson who gave him his first feature film role as Bill Murray’s loyal intern “Nico” in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004).
Interesting Facts about Matthew Gray Gubler
- He has also worked as a model for fashion designers as Marc Jacobs, Burberry, Tommy Hilfiger, Sisley, and Louis Vuitton.
- Famously damaged his knee in 2009 during a dance off with his 500 Days of Summer (2009) co-stars Geoffrey Arend and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a Mexican dive bar. He couldn’t walk for over four months. After a third surgery, Gubler started using a cane but was unable to walk normally for the next five months. As of December 2009, Gubler was once again able to walk unassisted.
- Is a huge fan of Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977).
- He is of Teutonic Germanic and Celtic ancestry.
- He never wears matching socks, as he says they are bad luck, which he learned from his grandmother. The one time he wore matching socks, he was filming a scene in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004). He ended up spraining his ankle on screen, which was kept in the movie.
- Describes himself as a neat freak.
- He has a brother called Gray Gubler born 1994 (who appeared in the music video Reagan by Whirlwind Heat which Matthew directed) and a sister called Laura Dahl (who is a fashion designer based in New York City).
- He is a 2002 graduate of the NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, where he majored in film directing.
- Has stated on the season 1 dvd features of Criminal Minds (2005) that his kiss with guest star Amber Heard was his first on-screen kiss.
- Grandson of Laura and Maxwell Kelch–the founders of Las Vegas’ first radio station, KENO.
- A fan of comedian Andy Kaufman.
- Matthew is an English form of Hebrew name “Matityahu”, meaning “Gift of Yahweh”.
Personal Quotes by Matthew Gray Gubler
I like haunted things.- Matthew Gray Gubler
I found out that smoking is the leading cause of statistics.- Matthew Gray Gubler
I looked like a ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Goomba. It’s arguably the ugliest haircut on the planet.- Matthew Gray Gubler
My best advice to actors is if you love acting, do it every chance you get. Success does not mean success. All that matters is whether or not you’re doing your best to entertain. The way this business works is all about luck and timing.- Matthew Gray Gubler
Joe Mantegna is like my Los Angeles dad.- Matthew Gray Gubler