Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Matthew Perry. Check it out!
Matthew Perry was born in Williamstown, Massachusetts, to Suzanne Marie (Langford), a Canadian journalist, and John Bennett Perry, an American actor. His ancestry includes English, Irish, German, Swiss-German, and French-Canadian.
Interesting Facts about Matthew Perry
- Is a Toronto Blue Jays fan.
- He enjoys playing ice hockey and softball in his spare time.
- The part of Maj. Don West in Lost in Space (1998) was originally offered to him, but eventually went to Friends (1994) co-star Matt LeBlanc.
- Is on the board of directors for the soon-to-be-opened Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta, Georgia. Ron Clark is a world-renowned educator who Perry depicted in the TNT original film The Triumph (2006).
- Both in The Whole Nine Yards (2000) and Three to Tango (1999), his characters are asked “Are you always this nervous?”. Both times the response is “yes.”.
- Matthew’s wit is so legendary that directors often used his gags and suggestions on the show
- he asked that his name be removed from the Best Actor in a Comedy Emmy list. Friends (1994) co-stars have all agreed that they would only be nominated in supporting roles. [June 2000]
- Missing part of his middle finger on his right hand due to an unfortunate door-shutting accident in nursery school.
- He starred in 6 shows that lasted one season only: Second Chance (1987), Sydney (1990), Home Free (1993), Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (2006), Mr. Sunshine (2011) and Go On (2012).
- He spoke the last line in the final episode of Friends (1994). When it’s suggested that they all go out for coffee, his character Chandler says “Where?”.
- He is the only central cast member of Friends (1994) who has not been nominated for a Razzie.
- A 75 year old woman ran a stop sign and smashed into the side of Matthew’s BMW. Neither party was injured. [April 2001]
Personal Quotes by Matthew Perry
Women always think that I’m Chandler, so if I don’t joke around for half an hour, they think that something’s wrong. Then I explain that I don’t have comedy writers scripting everything I’m saying at this particular dinner.- Matthew Perry
My favorite six words in recovery are: trust God, clean house, and help others.- Matthew Perry
In a perfect world, my tennis game gets better. I have kids and a beautiful wife and live on some hill somewhere that’s not in Los Angeles. And the script that Tom Hanks just barely turned down gets in my hands.- Matthew Perry
I got sober because I was worried I was going to die next year.- Matthew Perry
Vicodin, I got addicted to that little pill. The reason I don’t talk about it too much in the press is because it isn’t funny, and I love to be funny in interviews. If you joke about that period in your life, it doesn’t seem right.- Matthew Perry