Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Meghan Markle. Check it out!
Meghan, (born Rachel Meghan Markle) is an US-born member of the British royal family and a former film and television actress.
Interesting Facts about Meghan Markle
- Alexi Lubomirski was the official photographer of the Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Royal Wedding. The wedding was the very first royal nuptial to be broadcast live in Ultra HD 4K resolution.
- Stated on The Late Show with Craig Ferguson, (from an episode on 8 August 2013) that her father Thomas W. Markle, who was director of photography, on Married with Children (198 episodes, 1988-1996) that she spent a lot of time, hanging around on set, watching dad at work, after her day at catholic school.
- She wasn’t Prince Harry’s first fiance as he had proposed to his former girlfriend of 7 years, Chelsy Davy, prior to their 2010 break-up. Just like his engagement to Markle, he also proposed to Davy while they were traveling in Africa.
- Attended Northwestern University, where she majored in theater and international relations. After graduating, she worked for the U.S embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Ran a food blog website, The Tig, from May 2014 until 2017, about food, travel, fashion, and beauty. The website name was inspired by an Italian red wine, Tignanello.
- Counts businesswoman and network executive Bonnie Hammer as a major mentor for her career both on and off the screen.
- Upon her marriage to Prince Harry at age 36 she became the oldest royal bride ever for a member of the royal family’s first marriage in British history, surpassing her sister-in-law Catherine Duchess of Cambridge, who was 29 when she married Prince William. Meghan’s stepmother-in-law Camilla Parker-Bowles was the oldest royal bride ever at age 57 when she married Prince Charles, though it was Charles’ second marriage.
- Karen Gibson and the Kingdom Choir performed the song “Stand by Me” during the church ceremonies.
- Traveled to Botswana for three weeks with Prince Harry to celebrate her 36th birthday. [August 2017]
- Meghan’s lavish wedding dress was by Givenchy designer Clare Waight Keller. The bride wore Queen Mary’s diamond tiara courtesy of Queen Elizabeth II. After the reception the bride changed into a less formal Stella McCartney dress.
- Is 16 years younger than her paternal half-sister, Samantha Grant Markle, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2008.
- Best friends with Jessica Mulroney.
Personal Quotes by Meghan Markle
I think so much of what we learn when we get older is being comfortable in our own skin and learning what looks good, and not being so trend-centric.Meghan Markle
Catty is not cool. I can’t think of anything less becoming than a man who talks about people behind their backs.Meghan Markle
Traveling gives you some perspective of what the rest of the world is like. I think that having the courage to step out of the norm is the most important thing.Meghan Markle
Be able to delegate, because there are some things that you just can’t do by yourself.Meghan Markle
On my face, I use Creme De La Mer The Eye Balm Intense and Tatcha Deep Brightening Serum.Meghan Markle